Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ADD

About real spiritual dharma vs BS spirituality

5 posts in this topic

Hi!

I've been listening to shitloads of audiobooks and read lots books about spirituality and mastering your mind. Everytime i've started to read/listen a book i've had an open mindset towards it's teachings. What i have noticed is that on some teachings there's like deeper understanding of what is being said. Examples of this are: old buddhist dharma, books by eckhart tolle, matt kahn's teachings and the way of superior man. Then there's books that create concepts of how universe works with law of attraction, while i agree there can be some truth in to it, i find it they often simplify how universe works. There's no deeper understandment of the words for me. Same with books that are completely mind based.

Just thought if you guys would've had similiar experiences. That on some teachings you just know it's true?

That's too gross of an approach to this field. It's not so simple as: this is true, that is not.

There are many levels and depths of teaching. Different people need different teachings depending on where they are in life.

There is absolutely a need for newbie teachings. In fact, they are the most important in many ways, because that's where 98% of the world is at.

Almost every teaching has its place, and its pros and cons. And I find you can learn a lot even from re-reading newbie material. So don't get too snobbish.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

What i have noticed is that on some teachings there's like deeper understanding of what is being said. Examples of this are: old buddhist dharma, books by eckhart tolle, matt kahn's teachings and the way of superior man.

Stick to what you know. Obviously, what is resonating within you is what you ought to follow— because you already know it is so.

Why even waste another nano-second talking about what seems BS to you? There's a reason that certain strains of buddhist, taoist and western alchemical as well as the core Nagual shamanic teachings of the Americas (that survived the various human migrations from the prehistoric steppe-cultures of northern Asia) are viable today. 

Begin to earnestly apply yourself sincerely by getting to the bottom of what is resonating within you by the kind of self-study that bores all the way through into the source of the teachings in which the knowledge is alive.

It is the very aspiration to search and one's further dedicated effort to arrive at the source of the authentic teachings that keeps the knowledge alive. What I'm referring to when I say "the source" is precisely conjured in the words you chose:

there's like deeper understanding of what is being said

Your innate wordless knowledge of the source itself is what is resonating in you. Just this is your own teacher.

ed note: add "the" in the 3rd paragraph; last two paragraphs

Edited by deci belle

Nana i ke kumu  Ka imi loa

@Leo Gura @deci belle

Maybe i didn't express myself clearly. My point was not to bash certain books, but to say that when reading book that has been written from within there's like this confirmation coming from your guts that "yes i know this". But when reading books written from mind, they are all just concepts and there's no inner confirmation about it's contents.

I just think it's a wonderful feeling. There's a deeper knowing in me that already knows that.

So my question was that do you guys feel this difference?

It's all about what resonates with you.

Do not resist anything, just sit with yourself in inquiry and the doors will begin to open in your mind.. There comes a point  when words on a page are just thar. The dharma is something that must be experienced not conceptualized..