Siim Land

Dry Fasting Benefits

12 posts in this topic

You might have heard that intermittent fasting is great for you but do you know about the health benefits of dry fasting?

It’s thought that 1 day of dry fasting is the equivalent of 3 days of water fasting. The reason is that while dry fasting your body begins to produce its own water internally during the burning of fats. After you switch into ketosis and start burning your own body fat for fuel, you release hydrogen that’s found in fatty acid molecules and you release them into the bloodstream.

Physiological stressors in the right amounts can be beneficial if they’re coupled with adequate recovery and rejuvenation.

https://youtu.be/q5x5lfWzeZE

Stay Empowered
Siim Land

Body Mind Empowerment 
My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAohrrjG-3gEp5QF1WlM9_w

Nice one bro, I been thinking about this for a while and I consider this the ultimate fast for those who want a complete reboot not just physically but mentally, emotionally and spiritually.

Raw fruit/veggie juice fast 2-8 weeks (to flush out most toxins) followed by 1 week distilled/purified water fast followed by 3-4 days dry fast for the ultimate cleanse/reboot.

(Caution)Only do this when you have a lot of experience with fasting, the juice fast is ok for everyone and even water fasting but always start off with less days and work your way up. Once you feel like you have mastered the basics and done it multiple times with smooth success then maybe you can try dry fasting just make sure to cleanse the body beforehand. You don't want to jump from a toxic buildup to a water or dry fast, you want to make sure your body is fairly clean first.

Edited by pluto

B R E A T H E

On 2018-02-02 at 3:43 AM, Siim Land said:

You might have heard that intermittent fasting is great for you but do you know about the health benefits of dry fasting?

It’s thought that 1 day of dry fasting is the equivalent of 3 days of water fasting. The reason is that while dry fasting your body begins to produce its own water internally during the burning of fats. After you switch into ketosis and start burning your own body fat for fuel, you release hydrogen that’s found in fatty acid molecules and you release them into the bloodstream.

Physiological stressors in the right amounts can be beneficial if they’re coupled with adequate recovery and rejuvenation.

https://youtu.be/q5x5lfWzeZE

Stay Empowered
Siim Land

My preference is for water fasts rather than dry but, each person has to find her/his own way. I am 60, in good health and I credit my practice of IF - intermittent fasting. I eat 1 meal a day at around 6pm and did 23 days on liquids 1 year ago which convinced me - we DO NOT need to eat that much and that often at all. Quite the contrary if you do some research and test it on your own you might come to the same conclusion. My ultimate goal as I grow in body-mind awareness is to allow myself to organically, gently, intuitively go full BREATHARIAN (though we all are breatharian to varying degrees) before I turn 70! Thanks for your post.

On 3.2.2018 at 10:12 AM, pluto said:

Nice one bro, I been thinking about this for a while and I consider this the ultimate fast for those who want a complete reboot not just physically but mentally, emotionally and spiritually.

Raw fruit/veggie juice fast 2-8 weeks (to flush out most toxins) followed by 1 week distilled/purified water fast followed by 3-4 days dry fast for the ultimate cleanse/reboot.

(Caution)Only do this when you have a lot of experience with fasting, the juice fast is ok for everyone and even water fasting but always start off with less days and work your way up. Once you feel like you have mastered the basics and done it multiple times with smooth success then maybe you can try dry fasting just make sure to cleanse the body beforehand. You don't want to jump from a toxic buildup to a water or dry fast, you want to make sure your body is fairly clean first.

@pluto

Should we do a forum challenge? Start a thread and share physical, mental and spiritual experiences? Could be interesting.. i need a reboot so im definatly in ??

Edited by Berjohansen

22 hours ago, Mich said:

My preference is for water fasts rather than dry but, each person has to find her/his own way. I am 60, in good health and I credit my practice of IF - intermittent fasting. I eat 1 meal a day at around 6pm and did 23 days on liquids 1 year ago which convinced me - we DO NOT need to eat that much and that often at all. Quite the contrary if you do some research and test it on your own you might come to the same conclusion. My ultimate goal as I grow in body-mind awareness is to allow myself to organically, gently, intuitively go full BREATHARIAN (though we all are breatharian to varying degrees) before I turn 70! Thanks for your post.

ONLY AIR?

"Maybe aliens is sitting somewhere up there looking at this at like a video feed and jerking off to it. You don't know!" - Leo Gura, 2018

6 hours ago, Berjohansen said:

@pluto

Should we do a forum challenge? Start a thread and share physical, mental and spiritual experiences? Could be interesting.. i need a reboot so im definatly in ??

Sounds interesting although personally when i do fasts like this i cut everything and everyone out. I stop using all technology, interacting with people/society ect.. Instead i meditate, read books and spend most of the time in solitude and in nature with minimal human contact so optimal healing can take place with no disturbances or distractions. I also find that when the body is pure, highest states of consciousness are present so it would be highly unlikely i would be interacting with others or sharing my experience until a while later when i have integrated back into society if i have chosen to.

I will definitely share my experience if i decide to come back around its just that these are very sacred experiences too me and i have a deep spiritual path and mission i had been made aware of when i accessed that level of purity once before so in all honestly i am not sure where it will lead me.

I truly believe when done correctly these fasts paired with spiritual practices are the most efficient ways to restore back to your original, authentic self.

Purer body = Purer consciousness :)

B R E A T H E

Fully respect that. Did some months pure vegan and have never had the energy (prana/chi etc) since so im on my way back to that. Thought a juice fast would be nice to set it off. Kudos on going all out during fast, i dont have the opportunity for that, but will definatly cut down even more on social media/tv and use that time for more meditation and reflection. I might share some on the forum on the way. 

Wish you all the best on your journey??

Thank you :) Who knows maybe during the juice fast i may pop around once in a while but i know what happens when i do water or more intense fasts haha

Bless

Edited by pluto

B R E A T H E

Do so :) im starting tomorrow night. Im working 2 weeks on/off on an ambulanceboat north in norway so it takes a little planning :) might do a water only at the end.. how long do you do water only? I did it one time for five days but had to stop because i was at work and my brain was going awol

On 2/6/2018 at 5:20 AM, Berjohansen said:

Do so :) im starting tomorrow night. Im working 2 weeks on/off on an ambulanceboat north in norway so it takes a little planning :) might do a water only at the end.. how long do you do water only? I did it one time for five days but had to stop because i was at work and my brain was going awol

For water only and a full reset i believe somewhere between 8-14 days i find works best for me longer if its more spiritual. Yeah i don't do these things if i have work or a busy schedule these fasts have to be done very carefully and mindfully when you have 100% free time to be on your own and full control of your life. With juice fasting you can still do everything because you get more nutrients than you do from regular food because juice is concentrated vitamins/minerals. You will never be able to eat that many fruits and vegetables within a day that you can make and drink raw juice.

Some people supplement with flaxseed or hempseed oil to get their omega 3s but others don't its all up to how you wanna do it, personally i don't believe in supplements because it is not a true fast especially when water fasting because the body will always have to work on nutrients/absorption ect.. if you want the body to go full repair mode the less you consume the deeper the cleanse will be.

The body is far more intelligent than we understand, it heals and repairs all on its own we just have to give it some free time to do so and stop stuffing it with so much to work on so it can actually start working on itself.

Edited by pluto

B R E A T H E

I prefer the traditional diet more. Dry fasting can also cause harm to health. It seems to me just to drink and eat diet food much better. When I was on a diet, I ordered myself organic almond milk. And I was bought in a department store for diabetics. And very quickly lost weight so that dry fasting is clearly not my.