Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Epsilon_The_Imperial

Skepticism and the Creation of Mystical Perception

6 posts in this topic

Hi Leo,

How do we know that our language and belief systems are not creating the "experiences" of Source, Infinity, and Void? 

I'm not really saying that our consensus reality is anymore real than any other hypothetical reality, but in even positing the question, I'm led to believe that there is really no way of getting over the fact that reality has no ground. The only way we can reliably obtain understanding is by being led by the hearsay of others in order to reproduce the same "experiences" that they have. Only, there really is no such thing as experience at all, because you're not experiencing anything outside of yourself. There's fundamentally no difference between you and the stars or spaces inbetween. 

Even the concept that our mind is creating these illusions is itself an illusion. There is no illusion, and every experience or concept is valid on its own accord, on the very fact that it can be imagined, it is imagined within our own reality-mental space as an existent thing or idea. On that basis, everything is valid, thoughts and ideas included, by the very fact that they exist. There is no difference between the "reality" of the physical and the mental. Ideas don't have to be "actualized" in order to exist. 

It seems to me that the only basis that we really have to value some things more than other things are the experiences that other people tell us to be true, to be more true than what we have. We are force-fed our reality. 

"Oh, but Infinity and Void both transcend.....blah blah blah..... mind is limited blah blah blah...... ego.... blah blah blah"

" Once you have the experience of your mind being shattered by the rock-hard cock of infinity!..... blah blah blah"

The point is, how do we really know that these mystical insights really transcend our own minds? If reality has no ground, how can we say that Absolute Infinity is any more primal, more real, or the groundswell of our coarse, physical actuality? 

I'm going to quote this from a person I ran into,

"Yeah, it's just crazy that people go around claiming that this or that is the truth because that's what their experience is. I mean - c'mon.
At any rate - this brings to mind the question that - if that is the case - how do we know for certain that when we join with source, or merge with the god consciousness, that, even though it may be an intense experience - how can we be absolutely certain that it's not a fabrication of the experience because it's what we're expecting - just like the Christians, Muslims, Buddhists, etc.
I mean - when they come back, they're absolutely convinced of their spiritual experience. Likewise, so is the believer of the All. The person who experiences nirvana or enlightenment? Though, I know they're not "technically" the same thing. But you get my point. At what point can we actually say, "that was intense, and it was very very real. In fact, I cannot deny it. However, is it possible that it is just another experience brought on by expectation and belief?"
That's the real question."

@Leo Gura

Edited by Epsilon_The_Imperial

Honestly, I'm starting to think that the truth of any experience is self-grounding. 

If you are God, and there is nothing outside of you, then you can only appeal to yourself. Your experience is all that you have, and you are the only one who can give it validation and when there don't have to be grounds outside of yourself. Seeking grounds for experience outside of yourself is like seeking water in outer space when it's already here, on Earth.

@Leo Gura

36 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

@Epsilon_The_Imperial Nothing is real.

Discover this for yourself.

How do we really know that there is nothing beyond the Void, beyond Nothing? Everyone that I've talked to has said something similar, that the Void is all there is and all that will ever be. The Void, the point at which all logic and causality cease, that which came into being for absolutely no reason at all, from which everything came. Again, for no reason at all (I'm aware that according to you, Void and infinity are the same thing).

Everything has no ground.  The Void is all there is. The light of God, our light, is the Void. Consequently, all that we experience comes from the Void.

Why stop there? Why not go beyond the Void? 

Ah, but in the very act of questioning, aren't I drawing on its power? To open up a space for creativity? 

Fine, there is no reason why we can't go beyond the Void. 

@Leo Gura

Edited by Epsilon_The_Imperial

@Epsilon_The_Imperial Because you haven't experienced "the Void", you can't appreciate what it really means.

It's not merely "the Void".

It's ABSOLUTE INFINITY!

That means, it includes everything possible simultaneously. There is nothing you can dream up which isn't already there. There is nothing beyond the Void because the Void is literally EVERYTHING!

Can you even begin to fathom how significant that is???

No, you cannot. Not without it killing you.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.