Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Holistic Healing

8 posts in this topic

I'm visiting a holistic healer every now and then and she is quite amazing. She works with energy and moves it around your body to open your chakras. I believe it's called Reiki or something like that. First I thought this was bullshit, but now I think it works. Well, it may be placebo. Basically what I do is: I lie down on and she places her hands above me in the air and then moves them around over my body while she concentrates and speaks some prayers. This session goes on for like 10-15 minutes. I feel better after this, maybe my chakras are actually getting opened and cleared by this. I feel more energized. She also lays her hands on my chest and head for a few seconds.

Also this healer seems to be able to see right through me, she knows a lot about me just from looking at me and can tell exactly what is wrong with me/my health. It's almost scary.

Anyone have some experiences with this type of healing? I would recommend this to aynone, although I am still not sure if this is real or just placebo. But who cares anyway, it works.

I see a energy healer regularly. I was skeptic at first but when I decided to start being open to it, I started noticing the energy moving through me and i felt very energized! I initially went for anxiety and some muscle spasms which all went away after going weekly for a month.It actually inspired me to become a energy worker and I will start taking classes at the end of the month. I just go once a month for now but it's definitely legit!

I've done Reiki before too. I actually tried it out because I had some life experiences where things that I thought were impossible happened. Reiki seems impossible to my logical mind, so I started going to Reiki shares out of curiosity. I thought it would be interesting to see what other impossible things I could experience. 

I since then had multiple of those strange similar experiences Vito has mentioned. Some of them being, knowing exactly which part of my body was having an issue without having talked about it with anyone. Having really intense symptoms that never resolve quickly otherwise resolve in minutes. Leaving the reiki shares feeling intensely happy despite nothing in particular special having had happened -- I'm not a person who feels happy for no reason, or super easily generally.  

I'm not entirely sure it is placebo though certainly if someone really believed in it i'm sure the results would be better for that kind of person. I tend to be super skeptical of these king of strange woo woo things and never had a positive result with them except with reiki. 

So nice to see folks trying energy work - it actually works quite well, and is not b.s. If you think of yourself as a receiver / transmitter, it really makes a lot of sense. Your chakras are simply energy centers in the body - we know the brain and heart carry an enormous energetic charge (paddles bring people back from the dead!) and our other organs receive and transmit electro magnetic energy as well. Our emotional states carry specific types of charges and we send them back and forth to each other without really realizing it - not just with the brain, but with the other energy centers.) It's not b.s. - telepathy is not b.s. either in fact, it's quite natural and everyone does it all the time. You can get free Reiki and energy transmissions on YouTube - there's one called Rest Relaxation and Reiki - there's one called Energized Silence which is another combination of energies - I never thought I would be talking about these things guys, but I went to an energy worker / holistic healer a few years ago and she told me many things about my childhood that I had never spoken to ANYONE about before (she's a medium and a person who is very telepathic,) and I could feel the energy shift inside my body when I allowed her to work on me. I am a very left-brained skeptical person by nature, but this was a visceral experience that I could not deny and I was dumbstruc. There's a guy called Emmanuel Dagher who will email you a free audio file called Easy, Breezy, Abundance - it's a combination of Theta healing a bunch of other energy modalities - it's kind of like meditation on steroids - if you really relax, and intentionally "open yourself up" to him and listen before bedtime, you will start to get dreams and then have huge epiphanies about subconscious emotional blocks to your financial and emotional prosperity - things you believe about yourself that are typically rooted in childhood, or experiences you had when you were in a very vulnerable state that are still informing your decisions in some effed up way. It WILL make you emotional and cry - it will make you angry, but it will also make you AWARE of why you make choices that work against you. It's quite remarkable - I've been working with it for a few weeks and it dug up some really ugly things that I have felt and people I haven't forgiven, and ways in which I've let fear hold me back. So many of the things Leo talks about uncovering with meditation and this is much "easier" (feeling") in the moment anyway - it doesn't replace meditation if you truly want to dig in deep, but it certainly makes an enormous difference in uncovering the unconscious ways we operate. 

10 hours ago, Coach Vito said:

I'm visiting a holistic healer every now and then and she is quite amazing. She works with energy and moves it around your body to open your chakras. I believe it's called Reiki or something like that. First I thought this was bullshit, but now I think it works. Well, it may be placebo. Basically what I do is: I lie down on and she places her hands above me in the air and then moves them around over my body while she concentrates and speaks some prayers. This session goes on for like 10-15 minutes. I feel better after this, maybe my chakras are actually getting opened and cleared by this. I feel more energized. She also lays her hands on my chest and head for a few seconds.

Also this healer seems to be able to see right through me, she knows a lot about me just from looking at me and can tell exactly what is wrong with me/my health. It's almost scary.

Anyone have some experiences with this type of healing? I would recommend this to aynone, although I am still not sure if this is real or just placebo. But who cares anyway, it works.

Yes it's very real. I've both recieved as well as given reiki to others (mostly close friends an family since I don't work as an energy healer). I'm only level 2 usui reiki and level 1 in karuna (tibetan reiki) I got into it by chance and at first wasn't sure it could actually work but as I'm not a closed-minded I decided to give it a try all the same, only for personal curiosity . One can definitely feel the energy flow through yourself and it moves you emotionally. It do not think it's a placebo since it would have no effect with no believers. I truly believe we are all composed of energy and since reiki is a practice that allows us to channel energy through us and into orhers, it definitely works, whether we believe in it or not.

On 2/7/2016 at 1:46 AM, Pico said:

Yes it's very real. -- I'm not a closed-minded I decided to give it a try all the same, only for personal curiosity . One can definitely feel the energy flow through yourself and it moves you emotionally. It do not think it's a placebo since it would have no effect with no believers. I truly believe we are all composed of energy and since reiki is a practice that allows us to channel energy through us and into orhers, it definitely works, whether we believe in it or not.

It's good to be open-minded, but not so open-minded that your brains will drop out. If you do some research on the subject, you'll find out that Reiki is not effective treatment for any medical condition. Although reiki can really be as effective as any placebo, it could be harmful to believe that it has some mystical unkown-to-science ability to heal beyond that, because it can lead to a mindset which causes someone to not get real treatment in time. Steve Jobs was one sad example of this.

21 minutes ago, ttm said:

It's good to be open-minded, but not so open-minded that your brains will drop out. If you do some research on the subject, you'll find out that Reiki is not effective treatment for any medical condition. Although reiki can really be as effective as any placebo, it could be harmful to believe that it has some mystical unkown-to-science ability to heal beyond that, because it can lead to a mindset which causes someone to not get real treatment in time. Steve Jobs was one sad example of this.

Reiki is not a replacement for healing serious conditions. It's only to get your energy flowing and healing minor issues such a demotivation and tiredness. Its purpose is to charge you up and maybe remove some negativity, to clear your chakras. Of course it's not to heal cancer or whatever :D

5 minutes ago, The Alchemist said:

Reiki is not a replacement for healing serious conditions. It's only to get your energy flowing and healing minor issues such a demotivation and tiredness. Its purpose is to charge you up and maybe remove some negativity, to clear your chakras. Of course it's not to heal cancer or whatever :D

Yes, it is important to understand that, but unfortunately many does not. But if that is understood, does not the question "is it real" really become "does this reiki get my energy flowing and healing minor issues such as demotivation and tiredness better than if I used all the same time and energy in meditation or other self-actualization process?"? If yes, then it's helpful, if no, then it's better to do something else.