Yonkon

How to get over Tinnitus?

3 posts in this topic

Got my Tinnitus (A constant ringing in my ears) for 3 years, it really makes me mad sometimes. I try to not focus on it but that makes it worse somehow. What can i do? Meditate on it? How can i accept this? 

All Help is welcome.

@Yonkon my coworker went to a doctor with this and told us its really important. You can tone it done meditation but you NEED TO see a doctor ?

Hey, I have had tinnitus for like 7 years now. I found it hard at first, but eventually came to accept it. 

For me, it comes in waves, I have one tinnitus that is always there, mainly in my left ear, and the last few years I've noticed a strange hum that comes and goes (in my perception at least) that is worse. Long story. Everytime I get stressed about it, I always remind myself that I eventually stop focusing on it. 

I also try to look at it as a strange ally, rather than an enemy. Like I'll tell myself that the sounds make me a better person. Not sure if it's true but what always works for me is just reminding myself that it does recede from your perception.

I would also generally try to avoid googling it or looking for cures, it's a lot easier to just accept it and then forget about it.