-Rowan

How to know if you're taking Personal Development too seriously?

7 posts in this topic

Can anyone give me some pointers as to when you are taking personal development too seriously, and how to be balanced when doing personal development? When should we let things breathe a little?

42 minutes ago, -Rowan said:

Can anyone give me some pointers as to when you are taking personal development too seriously, and how to be balanced when doing personal development? When should we let things breathe a little?

This seems like something that you should feel intuitively. You need to be direction oriented and hustle your ass off to develop yourself and your life, but you also need to appreciate this moment and where you’re at on your journey right now. Im sure you’ve heard the famous quote, “Life’s about the journey not the destination.” 

Focus on your destination and know that’s where you’re going, but be here now for the journey as well. 

I hope this helps.

@Slade Thank you. Sometimes I feel like my daily self-improvement habits make each day repetitive and boring, but at the same time, I don't want to start backsliding. So I'm not sure. I'm definitely not grinding to depression but obviously, I'm doing more work than most around me right now. Ultimately its dependant on my unique situation. Thanks though!

9 hours ago, -Rowan said:

@Slade Thank you. Sometimes I feel like my daily self-improvement habits make each day repetitive and boring, but at the same time, I don't want to start backsliding. So I'm not sure. I'm definitely not grinding to depression but obviously, I'm doing more work than most around me right now. Ultimately its dependant on my unique situation. Thanks though!

I suggest always doing as much as you "feel like" while never stoppingIn my experience this resulted in the whole pd habit thing being something I want to do and automatically increasing with time, without me beating myself up, like I did the first few months of trying. If you think you are doing too much, do a little less, see how you feel. And maybe you then want to increase again. 

8 hours ago, Slade said:

@-Rowan Have you read Mastery by George Leonard? 

I should really re-read it. I was much more unconscious when I read it the last time and I think i missed half the points. 

Thanks for the advice guys. Yep I’m about half way through mastery right now.