Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Amadeusz

Problems with intrinsic motivation

5 posts in this topic

So throughout last few years I've been building up my intrinsic motivation. It's getting better, but still, if I dropped negative motivation totally I would become a lazy slug (tried it multiple times, had 3 month lazy streak, ended playing computer games for 3h daily). So I have to whip myself here and there to get stuff done. How it with you guys? Maybe you have some tips how to raise intrinsic motivation? Maybe I should drop these shoulds totally and go full in and embrace this laziness?

@Amadeusz The key is developing a compelling positive, higher consciousness vision for your life, and drilling that into your head. The vision must come from your heart.

That's what the LP course is about.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

+

Thanks for the responses :)

Mighty Mouse: Exactly maybe 'revealed' would be a better word. 

I mean I don't know if you can rely totally on intrinsic motivation, or you have to whip yourself sometimes? I mean for example it is not so easy for me to start meditation as opposed to other activities as for example bike riding. I can ride bicycle effortless and that's pure intrinsic motivation. But for meditation I have to whip myself a little (not so hard though). 

Leo: I've already bought it, done it and have a LP ;p  Will do it again to deepen my LP foundation. Yeah sure, my vision is kinda there i have CLEAR vision what I want. But it doesn't solve the problem of my whipping habit does it? I whip myself because of fear that I will be lazy. That's the funny thing about it. But maybe I'm on a stage in life where I have to smooth transision from whipping and that's the solution? 

0 work ethic, you're not willing to work hard enough. Your vision is not nearly powerful enough yet because if it was you'd be working your ass off and you'd find a way to make everything work for you.

Edited by Truth

Memento Mori

0 work ethic, you're not willing to work hard enough. Your vision is not nearly powerful enough yet because if it was you'd be working your ass off and you'd find a way to make everything work for you.

Ok, hey I'm hope I'm not that lazy, I meditate Vipassana about 90 minutes a day and I have my small business running ;). Also working on my LP slowly. But maybe you're right who knows. It's a tough balance to decide when I'm lazy and when I'm not ...

1. There is no intrinsic motivation to do it.

2. Something is in the way of the intrinsic motivation to do it.

Hmm I think I want to be a musician so the motivation is there. OF course fear is the obstacle and low self esteem. But the problem is that now when I have my Life Purpose I don't let myself do other hobbies and other stuff that I feel motivation towards. I noticed that when I let myself do this other shit then after some time I will gravitate towards music again. But when I have this rigid discipline, rutines THEN my passion fades away and with it my intrinsic motivation.

So maybe I should drop this external motivation and let myself be lazy for some time again? Or it's a trap what do you think? 

Or maybe I should use my external motivation to build my vision? And until I won't whip myself to build this vision I will have to use external otherwise I will be lazy?

Edited by Amadeusz