Max_V

Difficulty planning and strategising with ADD

2 posts in this topic

So when I was twelve I was diagnosed with ADD. The concentration problems you get from that I've been able to resolve with meditation. My concentration skill now is pretty good in comparison of what it used to be. But one thing that I still have trouble with is is planning and strategising, which is one of my weakest points.

I am very bad at planning and scheduling stuff and I'd really love to change that, improve on that, since Life Purpose work, Consciousness-work, and really any other field in personal development requires and ability to set proper expectations and being able to look years ahead to see what needs to be done now in order to be 'there' in those years ahead. I am also very bad at estimating how long something will take to improve on, so that often causes a lot of sadness and depression when those results don't align with my expectations

How can I improve this skill and what are some great resources that talk about this issue?

I really believe that this can be improved even though most of the doctors and people around me have been telling me that this planning issue is something I can never change or improve on.

In the depths of winter,
I finally learned that within me 
there lay an invincible summer.

- Albert Camus

@Max_V I've also been diagnosed ADD and lack planning and scheduling skills. It is unnatural for me. I've read books and watched videos on goal setting, planning and scheduling. I've been able to do it short term, yet it never becomes a habit or way of life. The most effective method for me is to keep it simple and dedicate a modest amount of time each day to scheduling and planning.