Donald

Anyone From The Balkans Here?

10 posts in this topic

And why we tend to be so dogmatic as a society?  

Not being judgemental just raising a question. 

We suffered a lot through the ages and we're pissed off because we can't reach our potential...yet.

Also we like shopska salad and rakiya.

Montenegro here. I think it has a lot to do with the wars in the recent past.

Up to today, most countries are ran by puppets of major western powers. Their job is to drain resources, wreck havoc on the economy and dumb down people using media and hate speech. This is perfect ground for breeding dogmatic people. 

To make matters worse, most educated and intelligent people eventually migrate to more developed countries that offers jobs they can't find here, since our industry is dead.

:ph34r:

The majority of people is steeped in prejudice,

@Cabot That's one of the reasons I moved to another country. I've incurred harsh criticism though for "being selfish and seeking the best for myself instead of aiding my own (?!) country".  

Edited by Ivelina

3 hours ago, Ivelina said:

The majority of people is steeped in prejudice,

@Cabot That's one of the reasons I moved to another country. I've incurred harsh criticism though for "being selfish and seeking the best for myself instead of aiding my own (?!) country".  

Harsh criticism will follow us on every change/growth that we achieve .The point is that as a society  ( Balkans in general ) have such a non reactivity when it comes to spiritual growth

5 hours ago, Cabot said:

Montenegro here. I think it has a lot to do with the wars in the recent past.

@Donald It's true, so just accept it and don't come back to that thought. Self pity is a terrible, destructive emotion.

Being more aware, it is us that need to find understanding for them, not vice versa. It's our privilege.

I have one person in my immediate surroundings that I can discuss this stuff with. Others I try to influence trough my own example and positive behavior. But don't waste time on people that don't want that. Life is short, and there's an infinite number of things we want to do ourselves.

:ph34r:

Watch Leo's videos about the Graves model and a spark might light up in your head.... I found quite a few meanings about this thing in them... :P Or you can just drink rakija until your death is permanent instead, for the glory of satan, ofc ...

Edited by Clayman

"If you immediately know the candle-light is fire then the meal was cooked along time ago"

On 2/29/2016 at 5:18 PM, Cabot said:

I think it has a lot to do with the wars in the recent past.

Up to today, most countries are ran by puppets of major western powers. Their job is to drain resources, wreck havoc on the economy and dumb down people using media and hate speech. This is perfect ground for breeding dogmatic people. 

To make matters worse, most educated and intelligent people eventually migrate to more developed countries that offers jobs they can't find here, since our industry is dead.

I second this. I'm from Sarajevo. Well, history made us the way we are, as they call us 'poor Europe's child'.  I'm whole my life pissed about this society and mentality, especially as being a feminist and believing in equality and being raised in communistic family where women sit at home and raise the kids. It's not economic situation, it's more our laziness, conservativeness, complaining and minding everybody's business except our own.

But eventually I've realized it's not where you are, it's how you feel about it. I've met many many highly successful people that made it here, and don't want to go abroad at all. And all of them claim that you can succeed everywhere if you have vision and you work very hard, somewhere is easier, somewhere harder, but in the end hard work always everywhere pays off. 

We're dogmatic because we are not taught to think critically, since our education system really sucks. Especially in BiH, with all kinds of segregation and nationalism, people don't have contact with 'others'. And as a nation, we are very very bad-traveled, people more prefer sitting at home and doing nothing, than going on some low-end budget trip, because they watch too much television and they're in some constant fear. I'm quite adventurous and I'm always said to be careful, bad things happen, it's not good idea to travel and so on, but the truth is in my case, I'm much safer almost anywhere abroad than in the middle of Sarajevo.