Alien

Insight on materialism and fulfillment

3 posts in this topic

@Leo GuraWhen you have something new in your life, ( you constantly buy stuff or neuroticly work on your business)  you expect it to make you feel new or happy or satisfied .but because  There is no you, And reality  is not materialistic, how the fuck is that gonna fulfill you?! Thats why "material" wont make "you" which is nothing any more satisfied. Its absurd. Its just a thought  (sry for possibly bad grammar im german) 

I think you should like some things though. Lately I've been drooling over book shelves and hard cover books and paintings by a dead artist named Zdzisław Beksiński. I actually want the ornamental qualities of a book shelf, I want to place very important books on that book shelf, I want to feel the pages, I want them to get old and then some long lost grand daughter finds them and reads them. I gave up all those things in favor of digital and the convenience of one device and now my home is so uncluttered and soulless it feels like a doctor's surgery.

So yeah, I like some stuff, some artists make these amazing bookshelves and cover art, some authors words are so important to me I want them in material form, I want to honor some dead legendary artists, I feel power out of paying good money for the real deal, all those things feel good to me. 

@Alien Did you have an actual realization, or is it just mental masturbaton with concepts presented to you which might not be true? :)