Seed

Last night's lucid dream...

10 posts in this topic

For all the lucid dream lovers out there.... this one is too juicy not to share! 

Basically, from what I can remember, it started as a typical, unclear 'dreamy' dream, and stuff  was happening,  conversations were odd, loose and flimsy. I was starting to think..... 'this is all weird', and my thoughts were telling me 'life is weird, anyway', and' it's all a dream', and 'nothing is real', and 'everything is a hallucination, there is no difference between dreams and reality...  bla bla' That is what I was thinking in the dream but I tend think this sort of stuff anyway, when I am awake..

So I was doing a lot of over thinking and analysing of the weirdness of day to day to life and general nonsense of reality. Except in the dream, it all started to click that reality is actually a dream and there is no difference between the two (more so, than any insight I have had when awake) 

... and then i started to float up and spin round in the universe and then zoom back down to earth, to a scenario, have a bit of a chat, then zoom right up again... a bit like the film 'waking life' don't know if you've seen it? This happened maybe 4 or 5 times, it was weird, but not scary. I just accepted it, as if I was having a psychedelic trip or something. I surrendered  

Well in the dream, I remembered the film, and I was like 'woah, hang on a minute, this is like the film 'waking life' which is all about dreaming... yep... so I deffo am dreaming, but then is there a difference between this and reality? No, I think they are both the same'

I wanted to conclude there was no difference, but I still couldn't admit I was 100% certain without a direct experience. I then ended up in this factory type place which  was clean and modern, there were people walking around, but I didn't pay any attention to them. I looked in my hands to see a gun, but it didn't look like a typical gun, it looked more like a white telescope. To me, it was an ethereal gun to to be used for non evil purposes, if you can imagine such a thing. 

The thought then came to my head, that I needed to prove to myself that I truly believed that there was no difference between this and reality, and that I truly was dreaming. So I picked up the gun and shot loads of people, and of course none of them die, because ultimately I am controlling the dream. I then shoot myself and I don't die either. None of this surprises me and I have a strong insight that consciousness is immortal. 

Now to the fun part. My awareness becomes even bigger and I feel a tremendous source of power flood through my being. I realise I was truly aware during the whole dream, and that now I  can do whatever the hell I like. So of course, as we all do in lucid dreams... I go for a fly.... but instead of just slowly floating over the area which I happen to be in. I  take my flying experience up a zillion notches and zoom off into the most spectacular, beautiful blizzard. It wasn't scary at all, just utterly peaceful and exhilarating. I am memorised by all intricate designs of the snowflakes, and icicles, and the patterns created by the swirling wind. I continued  to zoom around; powerful and free.. Letting myself fall close to the ground and then rising up again, just in time. And eventually I got too excited and woke up!

But you proved that the dreams are not like this reality/waking dream. IF you shoot people here they will die... There will be consequences. In a dream - no. 

One of the reasons I prefer dreams! But have to deal with this reality as well. fuckin eyyy 

Nice dream tho! Sounds a lot similar to my dream oneness experience that dream Leo induced for dream me. Or at least the same type of intensity.

Edited by Dodo

🌟

🌟  The  🌟 Logos 🌟

🌟

@Dodo but the consequence in the dream meant that no one died, the substance of it all was the same. (At lease it was for my dream self) I can not explain with words. Consequences happen in dreams all the time, doesn’t make them any different to the consequences that happen when we are awake. Dreams are just as consequential as reality, just the ‘rules’ and ‘limits’ are altered.

In my dream i felt so aware that I wouldn’t have risked shooting them if I didn’t truly know I was dreaming. But I knew it and the shooting people proved that to me.

In reality, I wouldn’t shoot anyone. My dream self did. Both selfs are ‘me’.... does that mean the awareness was fake? We are just awareness, if we weren’t - How could I control a dream ? Or was the control illusion? Of course it was, which proves reality is illusion too.... 

It’s all the same!  

14 minutes ago, Seed said:

@Dodo but the consequence in the dream meant that no one died, the substance of it all was the same. (At lease it was for my dream self) I can not explain with words. Consequences happen in dreams all the time, doesn’t make them any different to the consequences that happen when we are awake. Dreams are just as consequential as reality, just the ‘rules’ and ‘limits’ are altered.

In my dream i felt so aware that I wouldn’t have risked shooting them if I didn’t truly know I was dreaming. But I knew it and the shooting people proved that to me.

In reality, I wouldn’t shoot anyone. My dream self did. Both selfs are ‘me’.... does that mean the awareness was fake? We are just awareness, if we weren’t - How could I control a dream ? Or was the control illusion? Of course it was, which proves reality is illusion too.... 

It’s all the same!  

There are similarities, but you forget few factors. In dream there's no suffering - you don't feel tiredness for example. Also, the consequences will not be long-term - in a dream you won't have to rot in prison for example. You'll just fly away for example or start a new dream. Also I've never felt hungry in a dream - haven't needed to eat to survive - or do anything to survive. 

Yeah I'm with you that the awareness in the dream is the same as the awareness in waking. Well of course it is, it's you that is experiencing both, but the content is radically different - with few similar themes. 

In my last dream, I was walking along with one of my ex-girlfriends - from really long time ago and some guy stole one of her bags. I rushed after him and jumped in the car he jumped in and started punching him and the driver too. As they were unconscious I stopped the car by pulling the foot of the driver from the gas and then the car crashed into another car. Don't know if I survived. 

The point of this story is, I wouldn't do such actions in waking life. I wasn't aware that I was dreaming in my dream, but I simply was this NO-thing without fear AT ALL. I was just there, doing whatever I needed to do, with no suffering involved - no sensations of pain or fear even. Waking life includes pain and that pain generates an associated (and much needed in certain cases) fear of pain. 
(not to mention that in reality those 2 guys would've probably whooped my ass ;) :D ) They were kind of non-responsive in the dream, just taking the beating. 

Edited by Dodo

🌟

🌟  The  🌟 Logos 🌟

🌟

@Dodo Yes but that is all 'content'. Content changes all time depending on whether we are dream / awake / mental state and even still differs from person to person. It is created from nothingness.

When we are awake, we tend to take content seriously, we believe it is actual and real. In the dream, we know it isn't real - who is closer to the truth?  Why take psychedelics, most believe this leads us closer to truth, or is this just also a change of content? The questions are unanswerable. 

All I know is that the awareness felt exactly same in the dream, if not more powerful, despite the absurdly different content. 

It's funny how in dreams, we don't question the content, we just accept it as it is..... we believe that is how it should be. As we do in real life. However, in lucid dreams we see through the illusion. Similar to some of the people who are  experiencing awakening and enlightenment in their waking life.

You say in your dreams, you dont feel anything?, I often experience emotional pain, fear,  humiliation, disgust, trauma, illness, shock, love, sexual feelings, orgasms, even death in my dreams. And it feels just as real and sometimes even more intense. Lucid dreams tend to take the negative emotions away though... 

I find it hard to separate the two,  the dream has obviously left an imprint on me! It's still quite raw.. ;)

Edited by Seed

21 minutes ago, Seed said:

@Dodo Yes but that is all 'content'. Content changes all time depending on whether we are dream / awake / mental state and even still differs from person to person. It is created from nothingness.

When we are awake, we tend to take content seriously, we believe it is actual and real. In the dream, we know it isn't real - who is closer to the truth?  Why take psychedelics, most believe this leads us closer to truth, or is this just also a change of content? The questions are unanswerable. 

All I know is this that the awareness felt exactly same in the dream, if not more powerful, despite the absurdly different content. 

It's funny how in dreams, we don't question the content, we just accept it as it is..... we believe that is how it should be. As we do in real life. However, in lucid dreams we see through the illusion. Similar to some of the people who are  experiencing awakening and enlightenment in their waking life.

You say in your dreams, you dont feel anything?, I often experience emotional pain, fear,  humiliation, disgust, trauma, illness, shock, love, sexual feelings, orgasms, even death in my dreams. And it feels just as real and sometimes even more intense. Lucid dreams tend to take the negative emotions away though... 

I find it hard to separate the two,  the dream has obviously left an imprint on me! It's still quite raw.. ;)

I've definitely experienced emotional pain, fear, sexual feelings, orgasms and definitely death (like a lot) in dreams. For the rest I don't have memories of having them, but could be. 

I don't consider these real pain. For me real pain is the pain of a dog biting you. The closest I've come to pain in dreams is in my childhood - when I had the most horrible recurring nightmare - which might sound silly to you, but definitely isn't! I was being tickled by demonic creatures. Like sadistically, and I couldn't escape. It was like those dreams you have where the monster is chasing you, but you can't open your eyes or move/move really slowly - I've also had those - the fear is what gets you there, but no actual physical pain is felt. For me the tickling was worse than pain tho! LOL

I can still remember their millions of tiny fingers arghhhh go awaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay :D (im extremely ticklish)

Edited by Dodo

🌟

🌟  The  🌟 Logos 🌟

🌟

25 minutes ago, Dodo said:

I've definitely experienced emotional pain, fear, sexual feelings, orgasms and definitely death (like a lot) in dreams. For the rest I don't have memories of having them, but could be. 

I don't consider these real pain. For me real pain is the pain of a dog biting you. The closest I've come to pain in dreams is in my childhood - when I had the most horrible recurring nightmare - which might sound silly to you, but definitely isn't! I was being tickled by demonic creatures. Like sadistically, and I couldn't escape. It was like those dreams you have where the monster is chasing you, but you can't open your eyes or move/move really slowly - I've also had those - the fear is what gets you there, but no actual physical pain is felt. For me the tickling was worse than pain tho! LOL

I can still remember their millions of tiny fingers arghhhh go awaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay :D (im extremely ticklish)

I've yet to experience true pain, but I know some people do - I've experienced illness though - like feeling really nauseous or an ache or ailment.. My mum say's she felt the pain of a lion attacking her in a dream once.. Gruesome! 

That dream sounds like HELL! I'd the lion any day over those tickles... 

I used to dream that I suddenly lose a sense, like sight, or ability to stand up... and I would struggle to do this simplest of tasks.. Over and over again, I would fall down, or not be able to keep my eyes open. 

Dreams are soooo weird!  Do you ever have sleep paralysis?

31 minutes ago, Seed said:

I've yet to experience true pain, but I know some people do - I've experienced illness though - like feeling really nauseous or an ache or ailment.. My mum say's she felt the pain of a lion attacking her in a dream once.. Gruesome! 

That dream sounds like HELL! I'd the lion any day over those tickles... 

I used to dream that I suddenly lose a sense, like sight, or ability to stand up... and I would struggle to do this simplest of tasks.. Over and over again, I would fall down, or not be able to keep my eyes open. 

Dreams are soooo weird!  Do you ever have sleep paralysis?

I don't really remember ( I have poor memory due to weed use / abuse) but I do remember the unforgettable - when one time I was falling asleep in my first day of holiday in Bulgaria... The whole day I was meditating on a chair, nobody knew I was there and I could be free from all distractions. 

I approached self inquiry in a different way and as I was falling asleep using this technique, I knew I could expect something weird to happen, so I had set myself the idea to 'accept whatever happens' cause it's not me anyway - that type of commitment, until I find myself.

So as I was laying there falling asleep doing this self inquiry, at some point it I could feel the sheets starting to move, as if they became alive. But I didn't open my eyes just yet. I wasn't asleep! I was just laying there, doing the self inquiry with closed eyes and this happens... I decided to not open my eyes (react) because I knew this could be from the inquiry. I was ready to accept and surrender to whatever happens.... Suddenly tho, I experienced somehow what could only be described as my soul leaving the body through the crown, and I don't know how but I think I was seeing it from a third person view... This was a bit too much for me and I opened my eyes to discover everything normal again. 

Hasn't happened since.

Edited by Dodo

🌟

🌟  The  🌟 Logos 🌟

🌟

@Nahm It certainly was.. I am hoping for part 2 tonight!