Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SuperLuigi

Moving to a quiet, car-less world

5 posts in this topic

I feel that I have reached a point in personal development where I cannot progress any further (unable to overcome irritation, anger etc.) due to ONE main issue. Motor vehicles. The sound of them is so annoying to me and where I live, people race around all night and day (I live in the countryside, moving here I thought would help, but is just as bad as a city)...

So does anyone have recommendations of where I can move to (anywhere in the world) where there are no / very very little motor vehicles? I have around $40 - 45,000 saved and need that to last me forever (I am 30).

Thanks, I think moving somewhere remote will allow me to grow further. (Before anyone says that is not enough money, remember in India you can live a good life on $5 a day... somewhere like that, 45k would last around 24.5 years, which should be enough time to figure out a way to generate income after that point).

@SuperLuigi Two years from now:

"I feel that I have reached a point in personal development where I cannot progress any further (unable to overcome irritation, anger etc.) due to ONE main issue. Cows. The sound of them is so annoying to me and where I live, people milk them all day long."

I think you're trying to move for wrong reasons, being reactive. Work on your anger and irritation instead.  

Edited by Brsczkv

One of the reasons I live in San Francisco is so I don't have to own a car.  My life has improved immeasurably by not having to drive or worry about my car getting fu*ked with on the street.  I can walk anywhere.  The City is pretty geographically small.   If something is too far or I am being lazy, I can always take the train or the bus.

Edited by Joseph Maynor