bslpiontds

How to benefit the most from meditation habit?

7 posts in this topic

So i was wondering today during my daily 1 hour meditation "how to optimise my meditation habit". And hoped that some of you wise people have some advice.

Because i tend to switch between meditation techniques during my daily 1h, and I am unsure if its better to stick with 1 technique during the whole meditation duration.

I tend to switch between these techniques during my 1 hour: Vipassana, Strong-determination-sitting, Do-nothing, Just being conscious.
The question is if it is maybe better to pick 1 technique and stick with it during the whole hour, or maybe with the same techniques for weeks/months?

I know that retreats are super helpful and I'm planning to do 3/6/9/12 day Vipassana retreats this year.
The thing is that i don't know if its a waste of potential growth to for example: one day: Do-nothing, 2nd day: Vipassana, 3rd day: Strong-determination. Or if its actually good to switch between techniques when meditating solo at home.

(Bonus question: will it radically increase the deepness of my meditation to do 1.5 hour instead of just 1 daily?)

Thx for reading. I hope you have a great day and some juicy advice fellow beings.

The way I do it is as follows:  I do it pretty close to after I wake up in the morning.  I lay in my bed.  I put my blindfold on — I have one of those dark eye covers.  I set my IPhone timer for 1 hour.  And all I do is become the Watcher and notice all the mental sensations (we might call these thoughts) and physical sensations in my body for an hour.  That’s it.   

Edited by Joseph Maynor

@bslpiontds What has worked best for me is one hr per morning of focusing on stomach breathing, and being aware of all senses, while relaxing the body head to toe, over and over. I’ve tried mixes too, but I personally get way deeper and let everything go with this method. I also meditate in total darkness, I think it helps the ‘getting lost’ness / disappearing.  

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Nahm alright, I did that method at a 3 day Vipassana retreat. I think its really powerful, but not 100% sure if i should stick with it for a long period of time and only do that.

@Joseph Maynor

Based on my experience and from what I have heard and researched, meditating in a lying position is not recommended. There is a reason that a lot of people say meditate upright. with the spine erect. The energy system is more aligned and you can be more present.

I did both for more than a year, there are benefits to both, but I wouldn't stick to only lying meditation.

@bslpiontds

Create a Schedule and meditate using different methods on different days/weeks. Experiment with different schedules.

Stick to 1 technique per meditation session.

Instead of expanding sitting meditation to 90minutes, I would expand the state of presence after finishing sitting meditation trough the day as much as possible.

Additional tips: