Epiphany_Inspired

Survival vs Simplicity (laziness, exploration, etc)

2 posts in this topic

After Leo spoke about modern conveniences (not needing to take care of our survival) often making us lazy... pretty much rotting our brains...I watched a totally different video (another subject/ person)... they had a different take on the same thing....that modern technology such as electric heat gives us time to pursue our dreams....the strange thing is... that these opposing opinions seem equally true from where I stand...and I'm not sure how to navigate this as I set up my new life in a new location....

For example: If I can afford geo-thermal or some other more "eco" heating option...will I be less "mentally awake" than I am now dealing with firewood? I know I'd be in less pain, that sounds good...but...I'd loose the exercise, the strength and stamina, the breaks outdoors, etc...but... I'd be more environmentally friendly, and I'd have more time...is it just about mindfulness, not to misuse the time gained?

on the one hand, it seems like the more helpful tech I can get my hands on...  the easier, and simpler my life would be... the more purpose time i'd have ...  (or distraction time :() ...on the other hand...the harder my life is (growing my own food, etc).... the more I thrive in many ways too....so confusing, right?

ultra-city folks (for example: ones that are terrified of composting toilets or insects), peeps that have grown up with a silver spoon, younger generations that can only communicate through text or they get terrible anxiety, etc ...these are all examples of how the modern convenient lifestyle can have serious negative effects on our ability to connect with nature, our ability to be truly awake, our ability to handle our shit, and our ability keep ourselves alive independently of others....I like those skills, I don't want to loose them....

I prefer a hand crank mixer to an electric one, even if it hurts my hands...why? 1. it would still work if society breaks down 2. it's simpler 3. It's old skool/ vintage 4. I am doing the work (feel like I can trust myself more than a machine).... this is kind of how I feel about a lot of modern crap... then again modern crap can also be cool, life saving, revolutionizing, etc... so confusing, right?

df58c82d1c11ae1ba1691a19be20b136.jpg

@Epiphany_Inspired I’m usually wrong, but I think the point is to get livin! As in, that’s kinda what he is spending his working life doing. Helping people wake up and live their lives - not falling for the lazy comforted don’t have to do anything-technology built me a cozy nest that I’ll sit in until I die, trap. Being aware of it.

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE