Viking

do you actually feel excitement/anticipation for doing your work?

4 posts in this topic

if to compare with the desire to have sex for example. when that feeling suddenly pops up that you want to do it. do you have it about your work? are you addicted to it?

what else makes this dopamine rush in you?

Yeah I get that feeling! For me, my 'work' at this stage would be busking on the waterfront in town. It's absolutely thrilling. I've only done it a few times now, but every time I decide to go I get such a rush just leading up to it. It's because, for me, when I busk, I'm self actualising myself as a musician. I'm able to fully express myself as a musician, share the art that I've written to the world, and create magical moments for people. And that's an amazing feeling. I have a full time job in a restaurant, and I'm good at this because I actually studied Hospitality management. But it's not THRILLING. Busking jabs right at the heart of my life purpose! And that's the most satisfying thing there is!

Furthermore, I'm beyond excited to really pursue this gig full time, spend hours working out a better set list, training to become a better performer, etc.

If i do not feel excited or passionate about whatever i am doing or going to do i simply will not do it. Without that positively driven energy, there is simply no growth or expansion. Even if you have no option and seem to be stuck like a rat in a wheel, use everything in your entire being to make it fun and enjoyable or it will be pointless.

B R E A T H E

Yeah pretty much. Of course not always, but especially when things go well I feel very excited and when I go to sleep I can't wait to start working again. I wouldn't call that addiction, but one problem I have is that I'm still attached to the outcome and get discouraged pretty quickly.