tatsumaru

I will do whatever it takes to solve my neurosis

24 posts in this topic

Just now, jse said:

When it comes to "I/me/mine", it's more like "never mind, doesn't matter".

So what's the point of pain if it doesn't matter?

1 hour ago, tatsumaru said:

So what's the point of pain if it doesn't matter?

Pain (physical or emotional) is like a horn blasting at you as you unintentionally walk into a car's path - it's there to help you become aware of a pending danger and do something about your situation.

The problem is that we tend to ignore the warning, and instead become attached to the message.  We carry a catalog of car horn events with us for life, and this takes its toll on our health.  Wouldn't it be so much better to drop the attachments and identifications we tend to accumulate, and travel lighter through life?

1 hour ago, tatsumaru said:

Are you talking about "mind over matter"?

Mind is still matter, if you want to go that road.

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

13 minutes ago, jse said:

Pain (physical or emotional) is like a horn blasting at you as you unintentionally walk into a car's path - it's there to help you become aware of a pending danger and do something about your situation.

The problem is that we tend to ignore the warning, and instead become attached to the message.  We carry a catalog of car horn events with us for life, and this takes its toll on our health.  Wouldn't it be so much better to drop the attachments and identifications we tend to accumulate, and travel lighter through life?

@jse So basically you are saying - pain is like the red lamp on the car's dashboard, just an indication that something is wrong and we need to make the change.

Sounds reasonable, but my understanding is that in most situations we have no idea how to fix what's wrong and this pain continues for too long and becomes the whole story. I've noticed how after a few really bad days I feel like life sucks and it can't ever be good, and how after a few great days I feel like life's really great and I should be appreciative and the bad isn't really that bad.  So obviously both perspectives are equally false, however in this universe it's much easier to be in pain than not to be in pain. Consider sitting on your chair - after a while you will have to move your ass or it will start hurting, now you have to move around which after a while gets painful too so you have to rest again because you are tired. Consider survival - you can't just stop eating you will be in pain in a day or so and since food isn't guaranteed you have pain. You have chronic diseases which no one really knows how to fix (so what if you know that something is wrong?).

12 minutes ago, Shin said:

Mind is still matter, if you want to go that road.

@Shin Sounds like a speculation.

Edited by tatsumaru