Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Body and Mind before anything else

5 posts in this topic

Do you agree that you have to train your body and your mind first BEFORE you do anything else? It even goes before family and career. Your body and mind are the only two things you can bring to the table, no matter what you do. If you want to do awesome, you have to have good health. Amazing health, both mentally and physically.

This is why I made fitness and meditation my top priorities in life. First I meditate and work out, then I do all the other things I need to do. If I had to cut stuff out of my life, fitness and meditation would be the last two things I would cut out.

I work out in the gym with heavy weights 5 days a week, and I meditate every day one to three times. Every week I will also go out for a walk and read and learn new stuff.

If I want to give my best into my career, my relationship, my hobbies I got to give my best to myself first, so that I am at my best and can then give my best to all the other areas of my life. This is my philosophy, and I feel good about this.

What do you think about this? Are you doing this too?

Health before anything else, you are right. Without health and an actualized mind, we can't do much for others. Everything starts from within, and if the inside is infected, you'll spread only disease. I support your choice, keep up your work and results will be bigger and sweeter.

I agree with you a 100%. Body and the mind before anything else. If you have them in check your life quality will always be on top. You will have balance, and you will have a easier time to accomplish the other things you want to do in life.

I agree with the priority levels. That is obviously the best way to go about it in our experience. Fitness should not be put that high of a priority because it's just an activity that you do, a way of life, that keeps your body in check. It's not difficult when you get to a certain level of spirituality. Eating clean and lifting some weights while cycling and doing things that have you work with nature is the most present way to go about fitness. I'm somewhat concerned too much effort is being put on fitness here, am I wrong? The mind comes before the body, and the body is a product of higher awareness and consciousness. 

P.S I love fitness too and am looking at this as an insider. 

I see what you're saying. Enlightened people are very aware of what goes in and out of their body but they aren't pumping "heavy" weights 5 times a day.