Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Leo-Tzu

How's your living place?

6 posts in this topic

I'm almost 28, long story short i have a small appartament (70m2) and this year i'm going to live alone (currently i live with my parents). The thing i'm sure is that I wont be needing a TV. I have 300/350 books and growing. I will have a PC for internet, work, music and some videogames (still addicted to that shit but working on it) a special corner for meditation, a nice bedroom with just a bed some lights and a closet. All furniture in minimalistic style. Here at my parents i cant really meditate like i want to, so setting up my place in order to grow is fundamental. But what you guys think, how do you live and how's your place set up in function of a healthy meditative lifestyle?

find your life purpose

for me I choose to pick the best financial situtation that is sustainable with my project of creating my own lifestyle that is convenient with my needs.

its hard to have a great meditative lifestyle when you work more than 40 hours a week. especially most people even don´t like the time they spend at work at all.

habits and own needs are important

what that is for you? You have to contemplate with joy by yourself.

@elias I dont think that working conflicts with a meditative lifestyle (i'm speaking of meditating 30 min a day everyday like me actually) only if you work just for the money but its not called work its called being paid by selling your life, that's a complete different story. Meditation helped me during the last part of my MSc studies a lot (i took 3years+ to graduate because i slugged during my bachelors). It improved my ability to focus, think clearer and get shit done. I think is the same related if you have a job you like or at least kinda like. Anyway meditation is the ultimate tool and i think it deserves to be nested properly by having a certain lifestyle. To me personally the set up is 50% of the work needed to do something. Thank you for your answer 

4 minutes ago, Leo-Tzu said:

but its not called work its called being paid by selling your life

i like that ( the quote )

I think that you have two major things to work on now, being a satisfying/fulfilling source of income, and your video game addiction. The former is necessary so that you can live your life feeling genuinely good, and without financial worry. The second saps you of your time and is a cul-de-sac. Realize this fully, with awareness, and you will change with less force and effort.

Anyway, I'm fifteen years old, thus living with my family and attending high school. I have three domains within my house (dining room table, basement, and bedroom), which I try to keep minimalistic. I try to keep these areas associated with their functions (basement and dining room for schoolwork/ basement for guitar/ certain couch for meditation and reading/ and the bedroom for my journal and sleep).

I imagine that when I am older, possibly in college or out of it, I will have certain rooms like you do, dedicated to more of my habits. With my current situation, my parents' houses are full of useless shit, and unorganized, so in the future I plan to have much less stuff, focused on my lifestyle

"It is thus with farming: if you do one thing late, you will be late in all your work." -Cato

@Shiva i have a friend in berlin that i visit often which lives the same as you, i like those small places where everything has its place although its harder to find space then time for yourself in the individuation process

Edited by Leo-Tzu