Tony Tellez

Question/advice

5 posts in this topic

So ever since I found actual used.org my happiness and motivation had changed a lot, I don’t get mad easily anymore a, right now I’m trying to save money for a year so I can focus on my dream of making edm music, anyways I realized that every time I think I can do this I think of people (mostly coworkerkers and family) telling me that I can’t do it and all of their bad opinions they say about me (most of the opinions they say about me are bad or a joke, never positive)  like I know it’s stuck on my head and I try ignoring them but it’s hard and that makes me feel a little down, any advice on how I can completely get this negative thoughts  out of my head for good?

Master your emotions by being aware. Be aware by meditating. Leo has lots of videos about emotions and mindfulness... Give it a try 

On the other hand on the rational plain what people say to you is a projection of their shadow (or repressed feelings and desires) , in mere words its their story, if one of them failed pursuing their dream or repressed his call to adventure he/she of course would bring you down by telling you cant do it so they can feel better about themselves for not taking their chance. Anyway man know that failing is possible (more possible than succeeding in fact) but if there is even a 1% possibility to you being a good musician (being well recognised and well paid by producing music is what we're talking about here coz you can make music all day and nobody pays you a penny for that so you still have to work other shit) you should jump on that train.

Develop the philosophies of cynicism and stoicism, essentially in the facets of not caring about others or their opinions. At first, this may sound mean, and it can be labeled as so, but it unwinds a lot of the paradigms that society has imposed on you.

"It is thus with farming: if you do one thing late, you will be late in all your work." -Cato

I'm a musician too, what helps me sometimes is to think of how much competition you will burn by transcending all the negative talk of people around you. How many other would be musicians in your marketplace have been thrown off the path by people saying "you'll never make it in music"? The more obstacles you overcome, the more competition you burn, the more likely you are to succeed :) 

@Tony Tellez who cares what people say. Write down what you want, write it out in as many steps as you can see. Hang it on the wall. It’s a huge help in staying focused. Meditate every morning to develop your ‘space’. When your ears hear the nay saying, realize it’s just their opinion, from their experience, and stay in your ‘space’. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE