rogi 97

On getting things done

5 posts in this topic

Okay guys, ive recently found this method of getting things done that has turned out to be extremely effective for me. There is of course, a prerequisite for this, and thats having an established routine. So, assuming you already have one, whether a daily to do list or shedule or whatever, the next step would be for you to count your tasks. The best way to do this would be to take a piece of paper or a small block of notes with you at all times and make two sections, one for counting and one for listing the distractions that appear when doing those tasks. And this is effective as you can keep track of how much you're acually getting done, because, of course, if something unexpected happens or someone asks for your help then you count it as a task as well and at the same time you can blot out the distractions as you work with a clear mind.

Btw I like to count tasks by listing them; like writing down the task I just did and numbering them as part of my task count.

Just tought id share this in case it helps anyone, because so far its helping immensely

Edited by rogi 97
Typing problems

I have the same experince with GTD. There's no way that I would be able to remember all of the daily stuff I'm supposed to do without it. Also, the biggest benefit is that it frees up mental bandwidth from memorizing trivial to-dos to more worthwhile things.

1 hour ago, Eva said:

I have the same experince with GTD. There's no way that I would be able to remember all of the daily stuff I'm supposed to do without it. Also, the biggest benefit is that it frees up mental bandwidth from memorizing trivial to-dos to more worthwhile things.

Exactly so!

I’ve done this kind of thing.  The best thing it does is force the Mind to realize how much distraction you really have.  It can build awareness around that issue. 

Edited by Joseph Maynor

On 26/12/2017 at 8:53 AM, Joseph Maynor said:

I’ve done this kind of thing.  The best thing it does is force the Mind to realize how much distraction you really have.  It can build awareness around that issue. 

yes!