Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Psyche_92

How can i merge non-duality into self-development?

3 posts in this topic

I came to the conclusion that i sunk into nihilism without being conscious of it. It's pretty scary now that i think about it. I've became unconscious and totally identified with my ego again. I know this, because today i woke up out of it. After this happened, i could see where the past month i've been identified with my ego, and where i was playing the victim. I could also see where unnecessary conflicts could have been avoided if i would have been conscious. It seems that i fell into a trap, after watching YouTube video's on Non-duality and reading theories about it. All this rambling made me quit my routines, and it immediately had an effect on my energy levels, which only now is obvious again. I ate low quality food, didn't care about my hygiene that much, and i totally forgot about the real meaning of life and pursuing my deepest passion/purpose.

I basically woke op out of it, after having a conversation with a recruiter from a temporary agency today.
She was asking me questions about my ambitions, and she triggered something critical, which made me tell her a lot of stuff that i had seemed to forgotten about. 

Anyways, i don't want to fall into this again, and i'm wondering if i have to stay away from non-duality territory for some time. I know i can't really prevent things like these from happening, and that sitting with heavy confusion is good for my growth, but i rather stay away from it for now. For the future though, i want to merge this with my self-development work without getting stuck, and i'm wondering if any of you guys have some tips for me.

Don't overthink things. Keep the focus on your career and self-development right now, but continue with a meditation habit. When you feel you pursued your outer material purpose enough, you can dial that back and focus a little more on enlightenment. 

Right now, if you feel unbalanced, ground yourself with some exercise, socialization and eating right. The journey will be a rollercoaster no matter how much you will try to avoid it. The key is to not get carried away by the mind when you are in a bad mood.

Edited by Dan Arnautu

”Unaccompanied by positive action, rest may only depress you.” -- George Leonard

Start doing Life Purpose Work.  That's where Personal Development and Enlightenment have a baby.  Get Leo's Life Purpose Course.