TriteNTrue

How do you accept yourself 100%?

4 posts in this topic

What is that process of accepting oneself 100%? Is it that as I discover aspects of myself I need to "accept" it. What exactly is that acceptance? Resignation (if it's a flaw) or forgiveness (if it's a source of guilt, shame, anger) etc.

The way I've tried to accept myself is to try and understand some of my triggers which usually leads me to some painful truth, but I haven't been able to accept some of those truths so I keep resisting even though I'm aware of it and thus still get triggered.  

What is this acceptance? How does one truly forgive oneself ? 

Or is it a state of mind where one doesn't take things too seriously and just rolls with the punches.

42 minutes ago, TriteNTrue said:

What is this acceptance?

How would you treat a little kid?

To me, it's just about understanding that whatever I am or whatever I'm doing, it's perfect. It's a meta-level form of acceptance.

Made a mistake? Perfect.

Succeeded? Perfect.

Angry? Perfect.

Happy? Perfect.

Nothing is not "allowed" or "wrong".

44 minutes ago, TriteNTrue said:

What is that process of accepting oneself 100%?

You could start with this video from Leo. I know people on the forum really love this one:

A lot of it is also about becoming conscious of why you don't accept yourself completely already.

Ever think about that?

As a kid, you didn't need to learn how to accept yourself fully. You just did.

So what changed?

What belief systems were you imparted with that brought you away from how you should naturally see yourself?

Final tip, I'd also look into Energy Work. A lot of these emotional hangups can be due to stuck energy, and you can clear them with just one energetic practice.

Self acceptance wasn't easy for me. 

What I can say is just to be aware of your judgements of yourself and to keep going. You will ultimately realize that judging yourself is a waste of energy. 

Self acceptance is more like indifference. Had an awesome meditation session? Awesome, but the indifferent. Sat in front of your computer for 8 hours playing Counter Strike? No problem, the past you can not change, but you haven't realized this deeply enough. Otherwise you wouldn't have this problem. 

Spirituality is any movement towards the Unnamable. Everything is spiritual.

The only true way out Resistance is going into it because any way out of it is staying in it.

The purest life possible is surrendering to the Absolute.