Water

Paradigm Shift?

12 posts in this topic

The strangest thing just happened! I was driving the car listening to the hum of the motor and I visualized the crankshaft and pistons inside moving with the rpm of the engine.

I attempted to understand how it works on a molecular level, like how each individual atom vibrates. I experienced how we really are made up of the same one thing, just a bunch of different variables. Constantly vibrating at different frequencies. It's hard to explain but at that moment an influx of thoughts, emotions, and images were being transferred to me but I felt like was receiving way more information than I could process. If I had some time I could separate it all to try and decipher the meaning, but it was WAY to much. I pull to the side of the road and Not even a few seconds later a shiver goes down my spine then I start shivering uncontrollably. A moment after that I got really nauseous and started dry heaving. What can you make of it?

When things go wrong in your perspective, remember it's not about you ?

@WelcometoReality Everything seemed pretty normal before. It may be to soon to tell but I feel more or less the same. Just trying to remember what it is I saw/felt but its really difficult. The best way I can explain it is trying to shove 100gb worth of information into a 32gb hard drive. :D

@WelcometoReality Paradigm shift - a fundamental change in approach or underlying assumptions. Its one thing to know and understand we are all the same thing but its another to experience it. 

@Pinocchio That's so awesome you've experienced that! It does sound right, but I don't know what to make of the information that was transferred to me. Did "I" just envision them subconsciously? Maybe explaining your experience can shed some light.

4 minutes ago, Water said:

@WelcometoReality Paradigm shift - a fundamental change in approach or underlying assumptions. Its one thing to know and understand we are all the same thing but its another to experience it. 

@Pinocchio

Thank you for clarifying that. In my experience realizations like this will slowly change the way you see the world. So give it time.

7 minutes ago, Pinocchio said:

Why insist on converting knowledge out of its native format into byte-sized pieces our little brains can chew on?

I had no idea there was another way.:D

9 minutes ago, Pinocchio said:

The software you think you are doesn't know shit and can't do shit. The hardware you really are runs the whole show.

Interesting concept. Maybe a paradigm shift is like upgrading the operating system. I like to relate to computers a lot. I've been into them since I was a kid and Resonate with Tom Campbell.

“An immense digital computational capacity based upon binary reality cells that are the fundamental constituent of aware consciousness or mind.” 
― Thomas Campbell

5 minutes ago, Water said:

I had no idea there was another way.:D

Interesting concept. Maybe a paradigm shift is like upgrading the operating system. I like to relate to computers a lot. I've been into them since I was a kid and Resonate with Tom Campbell.

“An immense digital computational capacity based upon binary reality cells that are the fundamental constituent of aware consciousness or mind.” 
― Thomas Campbell

This paradigm shift will rather make the hardware bypass the poorly programmed software.

1 hour ago, Water said:

What can you make of it?

I had something similar going on while meditating the other day late at night listening to an Alan Watts lecture. He really took the concept of our consciousness, all the sense perceptions and thoughts apart. While I was merging with what he said - I didn't really listen but took it unconsciously in and became his words - I suddenly experienced first-person that everything I see and sense in general is me.

As you delve in the enlightenment ideas this is something fundamentally and makes of course a lot of sense if you think deeply about it. About nothingness and all that. However, it always is just an intellectual thought and nothing more.

So, in this moment it felt like I had "ownership" of what I see and as if my focus stopped being narrowed in something before me but being "narrowed" on everything that I can see - which is kind of a paradox but made sense in that moment.

It wasn't a hallucination - I encounter them a lot in deep meditative states - it was a sudden realization. As soon as this happened I wanted to grab it and it went away. That was really strange. It's always the same with me. As soon as some of these states manifest I have the automatic reaction to grab it and then it leaves.

However, this is progress, dude. You start to get glimpses of something bigger than yourself. Cheers to you B|

They want reality, so I give 'em a fatal dosage.

39 minutes ago, Pinocchio said:

Why insist on converting knowledge out of its native format into byte-sized pieces our little brains can chew on?

I'm still trying to wrap my head around this. What native format is knowledge understood?

9 minutes ago, Arik said:

As soon as this happened I wanted to grab it and it went away.

3 minutes ago, Pinocchio said:

How did you know you were having that stream of insights even though you didn't understand them conceptually?

I get it now. I remember a while back I was having a conversation with a Buddhist monk and he was explaining Jhana to me. Not going into to much detail but he said "Its an immensely gratifying experience, and when you reach it do not try to understand it just let it be. The second you try and figure out what it is it will disappear."  

29 minutes ago, Arik said:

However, this is progress, dude. You start to get glimpses of something bigger than yourself. Cheers to you B|

Thanks for your help friend.

6 minutes ago, Pinocchio said:

Switch from thinking about the reality of your consciousness, to looking at the reality of your consciousness. Your head won't wrap around it, it's already right there in the middle of it.

Time for some self-inquiry. I really appreciate it.