Huginn

Bidirectional Coaching

2 posts in this topic

I was just watching https://www.ted.com/talks/atul_gawande_want_to_get_great_at_something_get_a_coach

So yes, my conclusion is that having a coach is really such a nobrainer. All we really need to do is get over our egos and take the hit. Personally, I'd have a coach right now, but I don't feel it's worth it at the moment, although I'd probably benefit.

But wait a minute, why do I need to hire a coach? Can't I just find someone I can get to know enough and they can get to know me enough to coach each other? Instead of focusing on guiding myself with the same old eyes, I could spend the same time focusing on guiding someone else and vice versa. The value seems to come mostly from having another human perspective. If two people are doing self-improvement, are reading books etc., I'd think they also have quite enough expertise to be able to guide each other.

Any thoughts/experience with this? I just wonder why aren't we all pairing up.

Omg seriously, it's so hard to find people who read the same kinds of books.  I wanna be my own coach by becoming a teacher of self-development/facilitator of community activities.  The best way to really get something is to teach it right?