lucas_darby

What do I do?

11 posts in this topic

"What do I do?" is a question that I do not answer lightly. Usually I follow a feeling or an idea that seems to lead to a desired result. But I am currently in a situation where it is incredibly difficult to commit to something. I am not motivated to engage in any of my self-actualization activities, but my mind tells me to work anyways, after all, maybe pushing myself to do the work is just the thing that will get me unstuck. Although, paradoxically, my heart tells me that I shouldn't force the work because then I might be missing an opportunity to grow, after all, doing nothing is part of the self-actualization process.

To form this into a question, what techniques could I use to determine whether I should give it gas or ease on the break pedal when it comes to self-actualizing? 

Also, am I giving this question too much thought? 

Edited by lucas_darby

@lucas_darby sounds like paralysis by analysis to me. You need to take more action. Don't expect instant results. Push through with consistent, deliberate self actualizing work. Journal your thoughts on your results. After 6 weeks or so if you don't see any hard results change up strategy

@lucas_darby no problemo. These were among the foundational videos that led me to pull myself out of my depression [and subsequently my head from my ass]

If this is fully grasped the answer to your questions reveals itself 

@lucas_darby Try just sitting with the confusion and being very mindful of it, dropping the need to have the answer.

It's easy to reject confusion. The counter-intuitive move is to bask in it.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Neither accept or deny, just watch the whole movment objectivly, and choicelessly.  

Maybe your focus should be aimed at why your unmotivated/unengaged to work. Rather than trying a bunch of techniques and getting confused

@Leo Gura After applying the confusion technique I came to the realization that confusion is an essential drive towards truth. I was then able to embody this tension and allow it to pull me along naturally, no longer needing to find the answer for myself.