Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Rufus

Physical Symptoms Of Awakening

10 posts in this topic

I would like to share the physical symptoms I had a year and a half ago during the period I had total shift in my consciousness and realization.
I'm sharing this because I was somehow confused when these symptoms first happen, but let please not fall into the illusion of having these symptoms if you haven't encountered any, we all naturally has a tendency to imagine when we read about any symptoms. just be conscious about what you read here and be honest with yourself about what you feel.

Some of my symptoms are referred from Stewart Wilde Audio book (Journey Beyond Enlightenment), Adyashanti talks, and few websites/articles here and there, and I was able to refer to it within my personal experience.

Please don't exactly believe what I'm writing here, keep in mind that some of these symptoms can be serious physical illness or deficiencies. This DOESN'T mean not to check the doctor!

1 - Twitches all over the body,
Especially around the lower leg, At first I thought I might be having signs of ALS or Parkinson disease, I went to check several doctors, and they diagnosed it as stress.. that was nearly one and a half years ago, well if there was anything serious I think I should be on a wheel chair by now.

2 - Subtle numbness/tingling all over, it feels like little stars dancing around my body, especially around in my head and skull, although accompanied with comfort, they did not feel like serious illness or damage. I asked two doctors, one asked me if I took any drugs, I said no, later on they both diagnosed it as stress, although I was so far from being stressed (at least I think).

3 - Energetic electric shocks while trying to sleep:
Sleeping patterns totally been messed up, I don’t feel that I need to sleep whenever I want to sleep, there is some energy that keeps waking me up each time I try to sleep. I couldn’t force myself to sleep, I was more energetic for doing something I have been wishing to do during my day, when I talked to a doctor, he stated these were not seizures, but stress, he asked me, “you look like an ambitious guy, but are you really doing what you really love during your day?” I couldn’t disagree.

4 – Transparent shiny colorful noise all over my vision:
Accompanied with relief and bliss whenever I shift my attention to them, it’s a flickering transparent overlay layer that feels like coming from somewhere behind my eyes. And sometimes they take geometrical shapes if I focus in some ways, I had these since I was an innocent kid, but they faded away as I grew up, and now they are coming back even stronger along with my gradual awakening, I never knew if these are eye glitches or spiritual receptivity, I’m just aware that they become stronger in days where I feel relaxed, humble, surrendered, and I’m not so identified as the Mind or the Body.

5 – Clicking Sound around my head and neck:
It could be nothing but some internal gas vesting or body liquids pumping , I'm noticing I'm have lots of these lately and this grabbed my attention because Stewart Wilde mentioned it in his -good but a little fairy talish- audio book (Journey beyond Enlightenment), and he described it as a Floppy Disk formatting noise, he said it’s divine information receptivity! I don’t want to believe, but I wanted to leave it open for speculation.

6 – Strong Sense of Distinction
A strong sense of contrast between the physical happening and inner timeless silence, and a sense that what is happening here is way different that what is happening there. One feels like I’m in a 3D software, and the other is, just a realized nothingness, they are completely two different realms.
the contrast becomes stronger when I walk, visit new places or do exciting physical actions with some inner attention.

Again please don’t take these for granted, I think everybody’s experience is different, Stewart Wilde (and also Adyashanti) talked about many other symptoms that I did not experience myself.

Now Tell us about your experiences, and what do you think!

Edited by Rufus
Spelling, other fixes

This is no different than what religious fanatics feel and experience when they pray to god. A strong belief in something and the feeling of greatness/ultimate love can cause such physical sensations very often. And so does music.  
1. This does not mean you are enlightened or awakened at all. 
2. People who are truly awakened don't necessarily talk about it at all. 

14 minutes ago, asgard94 said:

1. Yeah neither proves or disproves that he is enlightened.

2. How do you know that?

Just now, WelcometoReality said:

1. Yeah neither proves or disproves that he is enlightened.

2. How do you know that?

Because enlightenment does not exist. it is a subjective idea. a form of belief that can not be proven to be different from a religious person that believes in god. Can you prove to me that enlightenment is something real? and not a fantasy inside ones mind? Now, of course ego is an illusion and the real you is everything that there is. Brahman. Nothingness.. Tathata. Ten thousand things, one suchness, we are all one suchness.. I understand all that. But nevertheless... why should we ever use the word 'enlightenment', 'path', 'journey'? Why do we make up these mysteries and then blindly believe in their reality? Knowing that ego is an incorrect way of defining oneself does not have anything to do with so called "enlightenment". Neither does understanding the concept of oneness have to do with enlightenment. Its better if we don't ever use that word at all. Because this is becoming ridiculous! absolutely silly and fanatical.

9 minutes ago, asgard94 said:

Because enlightenment does not exist. it is a subjective idea. a form of belief that can not be proven to be different from a religious person that believes in god. Can you prove to me that enlightenment is something real? and not a fantasy inside ones mind? Now, of course ego is an illusion and the real you is everything that there is. Brahman. Nothingness.. Tathata. Ten thousand things, one suchness, we are all one suchness.. I understand all that. But nevertheless... why should we ever use the word 'enlightenment', 'path', 'journey'? Why do we make up these mysteries and then blindly believe in their reality? Knowing that ego is an incorrect way of defining oneself does not have anything to do with so called "enlightenment". Neither does understanding the concept of oneness have to do with enlightenment. Its better if we don't ever use that word at all. Because this is becoming ridiculous! absolutely silly and fanatical.

Tao that can be spoken is not the eternal Tao.

Read it all, tried it all, can't remember any of it.

20 minutes ago, asgard94 said:

Well you said:

41 minutes ago, asgard94 said:

People who are truly awakened don't necessarily talk about it at all. 

What you know is that people who are truly awakened don't necessarily talk to you. 

I agree totally with what you're saying. Don't believe any of that, explore it for yourself, see if it's true or not. 

1 hour ago, asgard94 said:

This is no different than what religious fanatics feel and experience when they pray to god. A strong belief in something and the feeling of greatness/ultimate love can cause such physical sensations very often. And so does music.  

I didn't mean 'Enlightenment' by my use of 'Awakening' here, I had a couple of short enlightenment experiences in my life but I'm not enlightened yet, but I cannot deny the radical change happening in how I see everything, more clarity in why everything around me, many things are falling in place and starting to make sense along with a big AHAAA! , awakening is Present Tense verb, it can be a slow process, I had these symptoms since about two years ago, and I still don't deem myself enlightened but I know for sure I'm going somewhere, I still do have a skeptical mind, otherwise, I wouldn't be opening this topic, which I originally opened in an attempt to help share our 'Beginners' experiences regarding this :)

Edited by Rufus

3 minutes ago, Rufus said:

I didn't mean 'Enlightenment' by my use of 'Awakening' here, I had a couple of short enlightenment experiences in my life but I'm not enlightened yet, but I cannot deny the radical change happening in how I see everything, more clarity in why everything around me, many things are falling in place and starting to make sense along with a big AHAAA! , awakening is Present Tense verb, it can be a slow process, I had these symptoms since about two years ago, and I still don't deem myself enlightened but I know for sure I'm going somewhere, I still do have a skeptical mind, otherwise, I wouldn't be opening this topic, which I originally opened in an attempt to help share our 'Beginners' experiences regarding this :)

I understand. My position is quite skeptical over here. I am questioning the existence of anything such as 'enlightenment' itself. It seems that we treat it as something real, yet it is only a product of our own belief and imagination. So you see my point I hope...

41 minutes ago, asgard94 said:

I understand. My position is quite skeptical over here. I am questioning the existence of anything such as 'enlightenment' itself. It seems that we treat it as something real, yet it is only a product of our own belief and imagination. So you see my point I hope...

Enlightenment is an inner realization, not a belief, and I don't think it can be proved externally or by science, unfortunately, we needed to give this state a name so we can explain the unexplainable to each others, many people took the word so seriously and made a belief out of it and now they are chasing something that doesn't exist, that's why they see no results.

Enlightened people are so normal people just like anybody else, but most of them just manage to successfully tame their behavior, that's how they seem nice and wiser to others, but nicer and wiser are not necessary attributes for enlightenment.

Edited by Rufus

I get that neck popping when I meditate alot.  I can just sit there and it will continually make a clicking sound over and over for up to like 30 mintus straight.