Chrissy j

Should I finish college?

24 posts in this topic

@Chrissy j

Stay in college and get a part time job in the field where you think your going. Work in the environment. Make sure it’s what you think it is. 

For me, I learned more from my clients than I did in all the classes I took. But, after a couple of years I realized that I was learning how to pay attention to my clients in those classes. I would not have learned so much had I not had both the classes and the work. I learned all about the environment, expectations as well as the limitations I would be facing.  

The general ed classes go away. The point of those classes is to be sure you can handle the real classes. If you can’t read and write academically you won’t pass the classes you want to take. Yes, it sucks that we all have to take them, but, there are people who think they are capable but they really are not. Then they want to blame the system for letting them fail. This is how the system protects itself from those who can’t handle the pressure. Hang in there, it gets better. 

A friend of mine did the whole college thing, got the degree and spent three months on the job only to realize it was nothing like what he wanted it to be. He hated everything about that job. Because he had made plans, back in high school, he felt like he HAD to follow through and make the job work. He didn’t want to fail after so many years of hard work and determination. I often asked him to try some interning, to check it out. But he was so sure. He spent 9 months hating that job, only to be fired for having a bad attitude. That sure woke him up. 

When we are young, we romantacize our idea of what a job must be like and expect only the best. We have no experience to understand the reality of that job. When we get that job, we find out the reality, and for some of us, it’s not as fun as we wanted it to be. So, take some time, educate yourself and find a way to experience a few environments before you make any big decisions. 

The purpose of college is to get a marketable degree so you can get a job that allows you to be independent.  Period.  I don't care what your liberal arts professor lie and tell you.

Want knowledge?  You can pay $40,000 to be brainwashed to be an oversexed leftist or you can pay $1.00 in late fees and go to the library.  You could probably learn more useful stuff at Google U.

Yes, work takes up a sizable chunk of your life.  You will wake up tired and come home tired.  But you could either 1. do a mindless job that pays you to go on the Internet and look for your life purpose at work i.e. receptionist, data entry, proofreader, admin asst 2. look for your life purpose on the weekends or 3. work part time.

Take Seth Godin's altmba course

Altmba.com

You'll get more 10x the business skills, social skills & productivity skills than what a degree will give you. With the skills, you can build a passive income business a couple months after 

Edited by d0ornokey

We all have this form of doubt in our head. This is what I have learned that our thoughts control our lives. If you train your subconscious to believe personal development is 10X then it will be. Your brain will look for reasons why it is 10X but not so much the opposite. I have learned to master my thoughts before I go on to find my true purpose in life. We tend to be passionate about the things we love learning about, thats a start but if you do not master your mind and nurture your idea into a desire. You will find yourself constantly changing directions. So the key is to laser focus your thoughts on what you are passionate about. :)

Best of luck my friend!