Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
shahryar

Enlightenment another strange loop

3 posts in this topic

as we are all infinity itself and enlightened ones are those who grasp and feel and live this infinity and being 
when preaching or speaking  or teaching an enlightened one is infinity trying to explaining infinity
explanation containing a systems itself creates strange loops
and thats what an enlightened one creates trying to explain reality
I have previously posted a topic titled challenging whats possible with enlightenment and there I explained how infinity cannot explain or know itself 
I argued than an enlightened one being infinity itself has to know grasp and feel everything including illusory and mappings and yet we dont know any one who know everything specially about mapping (such as human made knowledge) 
maybe the answer is that enlightenment is a strange loop too

Edited by shahryar

Yeah, something like that.

What's amazing about Absolute Infinity is that it contains inside of it infinitely many infinities! (As Georg Cantor proved over 100 years ago).

Every human being is an infinity unto him/her-self, so that's 7 billion infinities right there. But all are just infinitesimal parts of the ultimate infinity.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Enlightenment has to be a strange loop. It can only exist as a strange loop.

There is this description in zen of enlightenment being a gateless gate. You walk through the gate and realize, that there was no gate to walk through in the first place.

On my last AL-LAD trip I was mindfucked by this paradox of enlightenment being a "state" that can be reached vs advita nonduality tells us that we allready are enlightened and can't get any closer to it. The psychedelic confronted my mind with the question of how it's possible to reach a "state" that I am allready in. 

What I now know, after watching your new video, @Leo Gura , that I became conscious of the strange-loopieness of the concept of enlightenment. 

There is this description of the substance of enlightenment by Peter Ralston that captures this, that rings very true with me.

The insight here is, that there is no difference between enlightenment and me. That's were the metaphor of the cat unraveling the yarn unraveling the cat comes in. I am enlightenment, I just have to realize what I am.

Edited by TimStr