Serge

Another Perspective On Materialism

21 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Actually, if you nearly get run over by a bus (a near death experience) you will quickly awaken to the fact that materialism doesn't matter.

The busyness of "everyday life" cements the zombified stupor of unconsciousness.

It's interesting how people interpret my intentionally open ended comment and it seems there are some who seem to act as if a materialist boogeymen is under the bed waiting to dash their mystical dreams or maybe I'm misinterpreting other's comments. Although if the mind were open enough my comment can be interpreted in any number of ways.

It is also interesting you view "everyday life" as cementing a zombified stupor of unconsciousness.... you are aware that you create this for yourself by thinking it so, aren't you? This is a belief based paradigm constructed from a duality mindset... you are welcome to free yourself from it's influence and effect at any time.

For my own experience I find the ripples of awakened consciousness in every facet of life no matter how tediously everyday it may be....but alas everyone can do what they will with their own experiences.