DizIzMikey

Need Help Not Latching Onto Anything As A Belief?

6 posts in this topic

Simply respond to everything your mind says by saying I DONT KNOW when you meditate.

I noticed within my personal experience, that the mind only talks about what it believes, it can never speak from the divine river of knowledge. It can only borrow ideas from there and try to translate it, or even mis-translate it to yourself and to the people around.

Enlightened people don’t perceive pure wisdom from their chatter monkey mind, but from divine state of silence. the mind will need a way to convert that wisdom so it can understand it, it will use words, images, sound and all five senses memories to translate it, until it takes the form of a fragile form of belief which is the thought!
So I personally see that beliefs and thoughts are the same. but thoughts has a shorter life span, and in order to communicate knowledge to people or even explain it to yourself, you will need a thought to do it.

Within my understanding, a human can only believe and think, they can never really know, but knowledge is spiritual non-human state, spiritual people keep visiting whenever they want but in a non-human form.

I think the main reason why you have beliefs when you are meditating is because your mind wants to explain something to itself using thoughts, you are expecting something and your mind is acting as a live commentator about the event, but to become enlightened you will not need to explain anything to yourself or to anybody. Just shhhhhh.. realization comes with pure silence, the moment you talk about it, it will become a belief, even to you.

P.S I'm talking from my personal experiance, and they are subjected to change as I develop myself, I just tried to provoke, don't take my words as a belief as well.

Edited by Rufus

You gotta make sure it's not mechanical though. You have to really wonder, "Why is this true? What is that true? Why is anything true? How do I know? Could I be wrong?"

Basically taking an extreme skeptic's stance toward everything.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

12 hours ago, Rufus said:

I noticed within my personal experience, that the mind only talks about what it believes, it can never speak from the divine river of knowledge. It can only borrow ideas from there and try to translate it, or even mis-translate it to yourself and to the people around.

Enlightened people don’t perceive pure wisdom from their chatter monkey mind, but from divine state of silence. the mind will need a way to convert that wisdom so it can understand it, it will use words, images, sound and all five senses memories to translate it, until it takes the form of a fragile form of belief which is the thought!
So I personally see that beliefs and thoughts are the same. but thoughts has a shorter life span, and in order to communicate knowledge to people or even explain it to yourself, you will need a thought to do it.

Within my understanding, a human can only believe and think, they can never really know, but knowledge is spiritual non-human state, spiritual people keep visiting whenever they want but in a non-human form.

I think the main reason why you have beliefs when you are meditating is because your mind wants to explain something to itself using thoughts, you are expecting something and your mind is acting as a live commentator about the event, but to become enlightened you will not need to explain anything to yourself or to anybody. Just shhhhhh.. realization comes with pure silence, the moment you talk about it, it will become a belief, even to you.

P.S I'm talking from my personal experiance, and they are subjected to change as I develop myself, I just tried to provoke, don't take my words as a belief as well.

I think the difference between a belief and knowing is that beliefs come from outside (someone else) and are based on faith whereas knowing comes from within ourselves and it is based on experience.

This is why the only place we can find the truth is inside ourselves. Having someone tell you what's true is not enough and it is not knowledge. You have to look inside.

Boil down what you perceive. You perceive only sight, sound, taste, touch, smell, and thought and only in the present moment. All else is belief, which is only ever the content within a thought. When a thought comes up just perceive that it has come up. Don't identify with it or try to stop it. It isn't you. It doesn't come from you. You have no control over it. Just notice it come up and focus on another perception to keep yourself from being mired in its content. You will notice that your awareness it outside of your thoughts. It's the difference between being caught in a trap and watching the trap. 

Edited by Emerald Wilkins

If you’re interested in developing Emotional Mastery and feeling more comfortable in your own skin, click the link below to register for my FREE Emotional Mastery Webinar…

Emotionalmastery.org

4 hours ago, werlight said:

I think the difference between a belief and knowing is that beliefs come from outside (someone else) and are based on faith whereas knowing comes from within ourselves and it is based on experience.

This is why the only place we can find the truth is inside ourselves. Having someone tell you what's true is not enough and it is not knowledge. You have to look inside.

True, knowing is pure nondogmatic intelligence, it doesn't even has a language. just pure processing.

Edited by Rufus