Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ProblemSolving

Connect with people

4 posts in this topic

Hey guys,

I have a problem with people probably because I usually prefered being alone and play video games. Now that my life kinda turned around and I dont play games of any kind I try to find something new that I might be passionate about. Anyway, I wanna dig deeper regarding " connecting with people".

Since I am working I have to communicate with some people. Which is ok. Most of the people I work with are rather nice people. When I am back home I feel tired and want to relax. One of my favorite things to do when I am back home is to actually lie in bed. I dont care too much about making the most out of my day. But still I feel that I am curious about connecting with as many people as possible. Because people are refreshing and they might show me new directions in life that I've never thought of before. 

So long story short, I think that there are two things that I am struggling with: 1. Getting closer to people. 2. Appreciating them.

How can I improve?

@ProblemSolving It's all about finding the right people, if you like video games, surely there are others whom like the same game as you. That could be a easy way "in".

I think meditation and self inquiry help you connect since it literally tears down the idea that you're not connected to them. If you want connections, generally be curious with people. Ask them some questions to get to know them a bit. Start conversations like that. I think appreciation will be something you learn over time, but if you appreciate something right now you can probably appreciate those people the same way.

Easier said than done. I will try/see. Thx for your feedback.

Its just such a big thing and I kinda am afraid. This is not only about connecting with people but also in particular about getting back to the dating scene. I feel really rusty. I am in my late 20s and I already feel like I should just chill and not care about it.