1 9 8 4

The Afternoon Slump

5 posts in this topic

Heyo :D

So my question pertains to the "dreaded afternoon slump." I've recently really got into Leo's videos and the new one he uploaded really changed my life. It gave me that little chunk of wisdom that I needed all this time. So I woke up this morning and had a great morning but then what happened is I experienced the afternoon slump where my energy sort of wore out. I know about this phenomenon and looking back at my productive days, I've experienced it. I woke up 8 AM and by 12:30 PM I started to get a bit mentally tired and less productive. I decided to go to quick check and get a whole wheat wrap with lite mayo, ham, etc. It was OK health wise but I definitely believe I can improve my nutrition and need to look into nutrition more. So I ate the wrap and I decided to take 2 hour break (Was more 1 hour 30 min) and I played some PS4 Modern Warfare Remastered. Played that I feel a bit better but I was wondering if any of you guys have any advice on what to do when the afternoon slump hits and what might be some alternative productive tasks I could do. I was thinking of going to the gym in the afternoon so I could give that a try tomorrow & I'm thinking I should eat a healthy meal before that slump hits. 

I don't want to mentally engage and focus my mind as I was doing that this morning so by the time afternoon hits I can't focus as efficiently. I sort of want to disengage my mind and do mindless activities like playing PS4. 

Thank You.

Well, I don't think palying a video games will provide a proper rest. Try to nap fpr 20 minutes? Or do a yoga nidra for 20 minutes, this will also rejuvenate you.

@1 9 8 4 Stop eating wheat.

And the best way to rest is a nap.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@1 9 8 4 put a note on your PS4 that reminds you to google better eating. That lunch you mentioned is sugar, sugar-fat and fat. Pick somethings you want to do, so you have some inspiration to eat healthy. Give the PS4 some time off. Treadmill and reading about nutrition are a hell of a life changing combo. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE