BobbyLowell

How To Recover From Having Fake Friends In The Past?

9 posts in this topic

Pls not just theory, I want practical ways for me to redeem my confidence and know I am worthy of true fulfilling friendships . Thanks :))

@Spiral I mean friends who are friends for convenience and don't actually like you. They want you to be their friend but they will not actually be there for you or hang out with you might talk shit about you. They think you don't deserve real friendship and try to convince you you don't through their behavior.

@BobbyLowell Ok, Well I do also have a few shallow friendships. I would try not to take it personally if people don't want more. Maybe they show you that they do not want more but I don't think they mean that you don't deserve it. It's just not a good match for them.

Most friendships are shallow I had my first proper friendship when I was 19. 

@Spiralyou are talking about shallow friends. I'm talking about those who pretend they are yours so they have you as a friend

@BobbyLowell So they are manipulating you? Ahh I see. Sorry about that. That's really unfortunate:/

Edited by Spiral

@BobbyLowell

Friendships often seems to be based on situationalproximity and circumstances.

They serve its purpose at the time. When you move on, you need new ones or the old ones going in your same derection.

If I ended up in prison....I would get friends there. Butt......when I get out I would not bring "Bobba the violent cleptomaniac" to my mothers 65:th birthday with ballons, tea and cake.

There is a time and place for evey meeting and seperation in life. Accept it and value the moments and the flow of life.

On 17 de enero de 2018 at 4:02 AM, Barbarian Number 8 said:

@BobbyLowell

Friendships often seems to be based on situationalproximity and circumstances.

They serve its purpose at the time. When you move on, you need new ones or the old ones going in your same derection.

If I ended up in prison....I would get friends there. Butt......when I get out I would not bring "Bobba the violent cleptomaniac" to my mothers 65:th birthday with ballons, tea and cake.

There is a time and place for evey meeting and seperation in life. Accept it and value the moments and the flow of life.

Hhahah that example was hilarious!!

I kinda have a similar situation. A trust thing (not problem) bc i had a few bad expiriences with really close friends that are no longer any kind of close. I think that in perspective and trying to take full ownership of my life and my past, i didn't put enough boundries and end up really mad for that with them. Maybe that will not happen to me again, bc i'm working on that boundries thing and now i'm more careful with everything, but it is still scary. 

I've been avoiding to get together with the few ppl i know. In spite of knowing i need to relate to ppl and knowing that they are not toxic or anything. It's just complicated, i preffer my paceful home but that feels like the old patern of isolation so well practice for me. And when i feel the need to relate is kind of compulsive...