Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Pebble

Travelling 1 Month A Year And Just Saving The Rest Of The Year

7 posts in this topic

Is this a crazy tought? I mean, if I could live a minimalistic lifestyle for 11 month I could afford to have great travelling experience for the 12th month.

Yes ofcourse you could do that! I can't look into your wallet but if you have a decent job you could probably travel for 3 or 4 months a year. Some people can travel on like $20 a day. When you go to eastern country's the flight is expensive but the costs for living is barely anything.

If you search Van Life on Youtube you will be amazed at what you see. People just working one month and travelling for 2, and then work again for one month and travel again. But ofcourse you will need a van which is an investment that take a little bit of saving up.

This lifestyle seems better to me than just staying in my homecountry all the time where I get depressed, I love South-East Asia and I was thinking about this lifestyle to be able to travel there at least a month a year. It gives me an incentive for saving up too.

@Pebble I say plan and go for it!

I am going to do the same after collage, work 2 years. Save up cash. Make a van or a 4 wheel drive into a house and go and explore film and stuff.

Nice, I'm not planning to rely on a Van (would take too much time to save up, I'm allready 32, not old but not young anymore) but rather just travel by flights.

I've allready been 3 months in total in South-East Asia and I have the best memories of my life there.

It's not a crazy thought at all. Some would even say: "Why just one month?!". There are many ways to support that kind of lifestyle, ex. freelancing over the internet or building a profitable bussiness and then selling it for a big sum. Or cutting down expenses and living in a van as mentioned. But too much traveling could become a distraction, so your option sounds quite balanced.

Whatever you choose, I wish you luck on your journey!

Okay this is what I'm going to do for now, I love travelling, it's the only thing i can really enjoy to the fullest :) .