zunnyman

Should I Not Be Exploring Different Techniques In Meditation?

3 posts in this topic

About 30% of the times I sit down to meditate, I stick to one technique which is do nothing. Other times its mindfulness meditation with labeling, self inquiry, letting go, self love, surrendering, observing no boundary in the darkness when eyes are closed, just focusing on absolute stillness of the body for higher quality strong determination sits. 

Exploring various techniques as the situation demands it or just for my curiosity to explore, has actually yielded great results. Often times I end up finding a technique I really love and resonate with. 

But does this limit growth a lot because I am not drilling down on one technique like do nothing, or is this sort of exploration a catalyst to growth? 

1 hour ago, zunnyman said:

Exploring various techniques as the situation demands it or just for my curiosity to explore, has actually yielded great results. 

You just answered your own question :P

Do whatever works for you.This path is different for everyone, there is no formula to determine what will grow you the most.  Observe day to day changes that occur when you practice certain type of meditation. Are you more aware? Are you less reactive? More prone to do positive things? Etc

Good luck

Having no destination, I'm never lost. - Ikkyu