Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SFRL

What Is A Saturn Return?

9 posts in this topic

What is a Saturn return?

Any experiences? 

Generally around the ages between 27-31. The analogy is that Saturn takes 29.5 years to rotate around the Sun. 

It's the time when you start to become a full adult. For me, it sucked but ended up being better in the end. I started removing the rosy colored glasses about life, got more serious, went through a breakup, and then "grew up" in a bunch of areas of my life in  what seemed like all of the sudden.

On 11/2/2017 at 0:39 PM, poimandres said:

Generally around the ages between 27-31. The analogy is that Saturn takes 29.5 years to rotate around the Sun. 

It's the time when you start to become a full adult. For me, it sucked but ended up being better in the end. I started removing the rosy colored glasses about life, got more serious, went through a breakup, and then "grew up" in a bunch of areas of my life in  what seemed like all of the sudden.

It was similar for me. It started when I was 27. Peaked when I was 30. And I feel like it is about done now I am 33. 

Ended a long term relationship. Chased a lot of girls. Moved around a lot. It was a pretty wild ride. I feel like am coming full circle now. 

Not sure if it was a Saturn return or a some sort of a quarter-miler/mid-life crisis. But it sounds plausible since people seem to be effected by the moon as well, and weather phenomena like thunderstorms and air pressure changes. 

Edited by SFRL

Saturn takes 29.5 years to rotate around the Sun. 

This is correct. When the planet returns to where it was at the birth of the related situation, we call it a "return of that planet"

around the ages between 27-31

It doesn't take that long. It's at the age of 29 or 29.5, the related effects can be observed in +&- 6 months.

Most 'Saturn cycle' related ages are 21, 29, 36 and 58.

Edited by Sevi

14 hours ago, Sevi said:

This is correct. When the planet returns to where it was at the birth of the related situation, we call it a "return of that planet"

It doesn't take that long. It's at the age of 29 or 29.5, the related effects can be observed in +&- 6 months.

Most 'Saturn cycle' related ages are 21, 29, 36 and 58.

If it is 29.5 years +and- 6 months, how are ages 21 and 36 related? 

@SFRL I'll try to write you more detailed later, if you want to.

8 hours ago, SFRL said:

If it is 29.5 years +and- 6 months, how are ages 21 and 36 related? 

Now, one cycle is ~29 years; then every quarter cycle is equal to ~7 years.

Every quarter is called a square angle, which is related to the meanings of: action/motion/ tension/result/harvest etc.

At the age of 7, Saturn squares it's natal position, age 14 is opposition angle, age of 21: closing square angle of the cycle; age of 29: first cycle ends: Saturn return, second cycle starts. Age of 36: first square of the new cycle. 58: beginning of the third cycle of Saturn.

*correction:

22 hours ago, Sevi said:

the related effects can be observed in +&- 6 months.

Sorry, this is not quite right. Calculations of effect length is complicated. But roughly it can be said 2 years. (Planets slow down periodically, from an observant point from earth, that is called retrograde of that planet, which has correlation with the effectiveness)

@SFRL I'll write shortly about your example too..

Edited by Sevi

On 11/3/2017 at 5:14 PM, SFRL said:

It was similar for me. It started when I was 27. Peaked when I was 30. And I feel like it is about done now I am 33. 

@SFRL This might also refer to a Jupiter cycle. A Jupiter return is ~12 years: it completes its orbit around the sun in 11.88 years. 

When you are 24 years old, the third Jupiter cycle starts. So every quarter of one Jupiter cycle is equal to ~3 years. Age of 27: first square of the second Jupiter cycle: the things/projects/attempts which start at the age of 24 has their first 'test/result/consequence' per say. 30: opposition of the cycle: Jupiter is now in 180° angle to its beginning position of the cycle, it refers to the rising point as you mentioned. 33: closing square of the cycle.

But you are right in the way that on those period of time there are also dominant effects of the Saturn return too. Also it's more complicated than that because there are some other interesting cycles intersecting at some stages of life of a human being, 27-33 is one of them.

Your and @poimandres 's comments are describing the Saturn return in a very right way. Under that planet effects, generally the person starts to recognize that energy very clearly and even stars to know the planet itself. It is mostly very hard, heart breaking, hurting, sad, crippling kind of experiences and energy, where you clearly experience the cruelty of the life 'n' survival while there is not any mercy or affection/compassion around. But the good news is if you survive; meaning: if you literally are still alive, you start to know that you become unbreakable in the related subjects; yet a very different, soft gentle and fresh energy rises up in related areas. Of course, these are all very much generalizations, individual experiences vary depending on very wide range of variables.

Edited by Sevi
the grammar as usual

@Sevi interesting. 

2 hours ago, Sevi said:

@SFRL This might also refer to a Jupiter cycle. A Jupiter return is ~12 years: it completes its orbit around the sun in 11.88 years. 

When you are 24 years old, the third Jupiter cycle starts. So every quarter of one Jupiter cycle is equal to ~3 years. Age of 27: first square of the second Jupiter cycle: the things/projects/attempts which start at the age of 24 has their first 'test/result/consequence' per say. 30: opposition of the cycle: Jupiter is now in 180° angle to its beginning position of the cycle, it refers to the rising point as you mentioned. 33: closing square of the cycle.

But you are right in the way that on those period of time there are also dominant effects of the Saturn return too. Also it's more complicated than that because there are some other interesting cycles intersecting at some stages of life of a human being, 27-33 is one of them.

Your and @poimandres 's comments are describing the Saturn return in a very right way. Under that planet effects, generally the person starts to recognize that energy very clearly and even stars to know the planet itself. It is mostly very hard, heart breaking, hurting, sad, crippling kind of experiences and energy, where you clearly experience the cruelty of the life 'n' survival while there is not any mercy or affection/compassion around. But the good news is if you survive; meaning: if you literally are still alive, you start to know that you become unbreakable in the related subjects; yet a very different, soft gentle and fresh energy rises up in related areas. Of course, these are all very much generalizations, individual experiences vary depending on very wide range of variables.

I looked up this:

https://theastrocodex.com/natal-sun-in-pisces/

Supposedly Neptune and Jupiter are planets that have great influence on me. 

On 11/4/2017 at 9:30 PM, SFRL said:

@Sevi interesting. 

I looked up this:

https://theastrocodex.com/natal-sun-in-pisces/

Supposedly Neptune and Jupiter are planets that have great influence on me. 

@SFRL I just had a look at the site, yes it looks like having proper information.

About the influences you get personally, it's better to have your birth chart analyzed to know for precision. But of course, by reading you'll know instantly what resonate with and your situation.

I recommend the book "astrology for the soul" by Jan Spiller. Technically it's about north(&south) nodes, but it's written in a very-easy- to- understand way. In astrology, nodes give a summary of your path in this life time: Where you have been coming from and where you are going. Rather than trying to understand each planet and their effects on your own, this can be a bird eye look for you.

I know some world class astrologers, if you will be interested that much, I can get you to contact with them, to have your birth chart calculated or to learn astrology from them. Just let me know. (I could help you with your chart too, but I'm out of practice for years now)

Edited by Sevi