Lorcan

How Would I Feel If You "maxed-out" Your Nutrition? (consuming 100+% Of Rda Daily)

5 posts in this topic

I only know a small bit about what there is to know about nutrition.

Here is a complete (I think) list of all the vitamins and minerals.

https://www.health.harvard.edu/staying-healthy/listing_of_vitamins

The Nutrients not included on the list are:

Carbohydrates, Protein, Fat, Water.

My question is, What would happen if you consumed the 100+% of the RDA on all of them? How would you feel?

Is it possible? Is it that hard? Also, the intake of the nutrients does not have to be restricted to the RDA. What I really mean is what you somehow consumed of all the things the body needs to the point where the body starts giving less and less benefits for each Mg of said vitamin,mineral or nutrient consumed. (Diminishing returns)

The fruits i eat alone in most days 2-4x the vitamins maxed out and some minerals, i don't really notice anything unless i eat too much processed/fatty foods then i feel really shit and when i eat less i actually feel better but then again it all depends on the quality and nutrient density of the food.

Many of the RDA's are wrong anyway, some of them you need much more for optimal health/performance and some you need much less.

For examples: RDA for Vitamin A is 900mcg which IMO is extremely low, i get roughly 30000 - 100000mcg a day just from fruits/veggies.

RDA for Vitamin C is 75mg again extremely low for today's toxic world, you should get at least 250-500mg a day and from whole foods not supplement.

Calcium RDA is 1000mg but i believe 500-700mg is enough, we focus too much on calcium when Vitamin D and K2 and Magnesium are far more important.

Vitamin K is 120mcg quite low if you ask me because one handful of Kale or Spinach = 200mcg and we need more greens than just a handful a day. 600 - 1000mcg would be more better especially since we need a lot to get sufficient K2 conversion which is extremely important vitamin most people lack.

Magnesium should be around the same if not 2x as much as calcium because its more important and many people today are deficient. Iodine is 150mcg but IMO for healthy you should aim for 1000-2000mcg a day. (You can supplement with nascent iodine if you don't have access to kelp or other sea vegetables)

I also get double the phosphorus RDA and triple to quadruple potassium from fruits/vegetables. For Essential fatty acids we should aim for maximum 4x as much omega 6 as 3 but if possible recent studies show having paired or more omega 3 is even healthier for our bodies/brains to omega 6 ratio.

The best thing to do is follow your body and see how you feel, make sure you eat lots of fresh fruits throughout the day, a large green-rich salad with nuts & seeds at lunch is also a wise choice and the more different colors in your diet the better but not skittles lol real food. The rest you decide what works for you.

This can help to track everything https://cronometer.com/

Edited by pluto

B R E A T H E

No amount of healthy food will make you feel any different. Bloated maybe if you overeat. You would also feel different if you were lacking on any of the micronutrients ( fatigue, bruising, pale skin, dry skin, eye problem, ......) 

Everything that makes you feel different is toxic or addictive or both (stimulants, drugs, alcohol, tobacco...). 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

The answer to you question is juicing because what juicing does is takes out the fiber out of fruits and vegetables and concentrates minerals vitamins and nutrients  in amounts you could never eat.  You most defiantly feel a difference.  As juice does not have to be digested like food so it is metabolized quicker. Watch you carrot juice intake though if you drink to much it effects you body by turning yellow orange. You can you tube for more information.

An extreme example of what juicing can do for you is in Fat sick and nearly dead 1 and 2.  I would recommend them both as they give a good idea of what to expect when doing a juice cleanse. This is by no means feasible in the long term as it is very extreme. If you want a more moderate path (the path I have chosen) do a juice cleanse for as long as you feel you can one or two weeks is the least amount of time. Then eliminate or extremely reduce meat,  soda , junk food ect.

I personalty when I can afford it juice with a juicer blend and eat much less meat. 

Juicing and blending complement each other well because juice is not that filling because of the lack of fiber but blended drinks still have fiber and give you gut something to chew on.

The down side is vegetables and fruits cost a lot in most cases when you are talking about volumes you use in juicing unless you live by a vegetable market. One way to offset this cost is look for fruits and vegetables that are on sale.

A lot of the fun of blending and juicing is experimenting ( make small batches when unsure it will stop you wasting fruits and vegetables on concoctions that you will not drink) Side note cabbage when blending is not your friend never use cabbage in vegetable or Any blended drinks for that matter ,  it hijacks flavor completely.  

Blending can be cheaper but you will never get the concentrated nutrient values you are looking for in blended drinks. I started blending. When blending get a good blender I recommend a ninja it will cost you 100 bucks and it does a great job. Most of us can not afford a blend-tech or a vitimix. if money is not a option get a blend-tech I worked at Starbucks 2 years and that blender day in and day out shreds anything you throw at it. Some times you get lucky I got a Kenmore pro for like $150 because sears went bankrupt it is a mid grade blender that dose a great job as well.

My suggestion would be first cut out all the shit food you eat sugar salts empty carbs

Then juice cleanse for a week or two.

Reduce meat intake greatly  (Even the Dali lama eats small amounts of meat)

Juice at lest once a day and do not let juice sit longer than 24 hours nutrient value dies longer the juice sits.

The same is true of blending but I drink blended drinks even sooner I rarely will blend more than I can drink in a hour.

Moderation is the key when trying to build a eating lifestyle not a fad diet.

Stay away from extremes and try to build a diet with more good stuff and less crap.

80/20  rule : Is 80 % vegetables 20% fruit when juicing or blending. Natural sugar is good but not in excessive doses.

On top of what I just told you two other things that will make you feel better is acidophilus it is the good bacteria in you gut and it pays a huge role in digestion and the way you feel.  Get one that has at least 10 unique strains and has at least 10 billion (CFU) colony building units .     

Candida on the other hand is you bad gut  bacteria  feeds off sugar. So eliminate or greatly reduce sugar intake. you gut bacteria  should be 20 % bad Candida and 80% acidophilus. 

“Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food.” ― Hippocrates

Hope this helped

Edited by Source_Mystic

I no longer advocate, participate, condone, or support  actualized.org or Leo Gura in anyway. The reasons are left in the few post I left behind. 

The RDA is actually the minimum required to avoid getting sick as @pluto alluded to. 

If you want a book on the subject I recommend T'he Ultramind solution by Mark Hyman' and this amazing women