Ariel

What Do You Think Of This Article About Self-improvement?

3 posts in this topic

I agree with Mark that sd can become a form of mental masturbation, where the very act of studying self-development gives one the feeling of developing one self, and becomes a substitute for actualy doing the hard work of implementing healthier, more constructive habits in the real world. I disagree with his main agrument tho, that "the ultimate goal of all self-improvement is to reach the point where you no longer feel the need to improve yourself." For me, and I assume many others who enjoy this lifestyle, sd more of a direction than a destination. The ultimate goal of practicing tennis or the piano is not to reach the point where you no longer need to practice. The practice is the whole point. It's about having something to put time and effort into that feels engaging and meaningful to you.

INSTEAD OF COMMUNICATING WITH PEOPLE AS IF THEY POSSESSED INTELLIGENCE, TRY USING ABSTRACT SPIRITUAL TERMS THAT CONVEY NO USABLE INFORMATION. :)

My first published essay

@Ariel See video: https://www.actualized.org/articles/the-role-of-balance-in-personal-development

No one is suggesting you become a self-help mental-masturbator.

That might be a phase you go through as you find your balance. And that's normal and okay. As you self-actualize more, this kind of stuff will tend to auto-correct as you will see yourself becoming overly neurotic about self-actualization. So you just loosen your grip a bit. But you don't quit, as that would be the biggest trap.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.