Tancrede Pouyat

Mixing Meditation Techniques Made Me Go Much Longer

3 posts in this topic

Hello :)

A few months ago, I decided to start experimenting with new meditation techniques. I started re-arranging how I would do my meditation.

Yesterday, I sat down to do my usual meditation. And then, after I was done with it, I just decided to start again on a second technique directly after the first one. And then I went to a third one.

What ended up happening is that I meditated for 2 hours straight, whereas usually I only do 1 hour. When I looked at the time after the meditation, I was shocked I had gone this long. I realized I had completely lost track of time there.

What do you guys think about it? Do you have anything to share?

Doesn't necessarily mean anything. Some days meditation is much easier than others.

See how often you can replicate that, that's the tricky part.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

My first experience with meditating, which I was later told isn't meditation, was a spectacular experience.  Like hinted at above, I haven't seem to be able to replicate, or get back to that same level of experience.

I haven't meditated in awhile now.  It would, apparently, seem I am better now than I was before.

So in my experience, length of meditation, hasn't dictated the ability to meditate more deeply, or longer.

But what fantastic experiences you can pull from meditating huh?!  Besides the length of time did anything else come up during your meditations?