Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Pluck

Politics, Ideology And Enlightenment - I'm Confused

3 posts in this topic

By now, I have watched quite a lot of Leo's videos - some of which briefly mention how politics and ideology are addictions within our culture; ego gratification.  

My confusion is: 

Why do politics 'not matter'
I can find good arguments as to why they do, but not why they do not. I mean, it's the reason we're able to connect with each other in this forum, so in that sense, it matters, but there's a lot of bullshit that has come along, too - which doesn't matter.

Perhaps, I should phrase the question differently:
What parts of politics do not matter?

Even more fundamental:
What matters? 

What can we allow ourselves to righteously neglect without being hypocritical?
Is it hypocritical to neglect politics? 

@Pluck You'll develop an intuitive understanding of these things as you do consciousness work.

For now, I'd just keep in mind that you've also got to turn inward if you want to make a better world and getting too caught up in external events can distract you from inner work. As you transform yourself from within, your relationship toward externalities with transform, also.

This doesn't mean you have to be apathetic toward life, but you may have to shift your priorities. If you're having trouble making room for consciousness work, make sure to schedule it-- similar to any other habit, like getting to the gym.

It will make a lot more sense as your progress.

Well, in the ultimate picture, everything matters. Every hair on your ass plays a role in the functioning of the world.

Politics, as smelly and ego-infested as it is, is a necessary part of the whole system, in the same way that the ass hole is a necessary part of every mammal.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.