Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
step1

What To Read?

7 posts in this topic

I'm nearly finished on the Power of Now.  I've also read Siddhartha.  I want another book to read, but not so much about how to become enlightened, but more on what drove a person to enlightenment and how its changed their life.  Any recommendations?

A New Earth is a really good follow up to the Power of Now. It deals more with the kind of thing you are talking about but in broader terms than individual people. Would highly recommend it!

The Delphic Oracle said that I was the wisest of all the Greeks. It is because I alone of all the Greeks know that I know nothing.

-Socrates

The Power Of Now was one of the first books I read around two years ago when I first started getting into this stuff. Stumbled upon Siddhartha in the beginning of this past summer - loved it! 

Check out "The Untethered Soul" by Michael A. Singer. He has three other books which I also really enjoyed - The Search For Truth, Three Essays On Universal Law, and The Surrender Experiment. All quick reads, less than 200 pages each.

Search for Truth & Three Essays were written by him when he was in his 20s, living in the woods practicing meditation. Untethered Soul & Surrender Experiment were written 30 years later & are full of wisdom! 

Edited by fdrakely

Sam Harris: Waking up

It's something like Eckhart Tolle for smart people.

He writes there not only about meditation practices but also about drug experiment like MDMA.

Personally, I've tried once MDMA on my holidays and it showed me how radically different and richer my experience could bethan "normal" state. Also some other drug experiments was "breakthroughs" and "shortcuts" in showing me capabilities of human consciousness.

10 hours ago, Spacious said:

Pay for Leo's book list if you haven't. There's tonnes of good material there.

You really should do that, this book list is worth the money leo ask for it. 

If you truly want to learn about spiritual enlightenment, that might be a great decision. Leo talks about more than 10 excellent books about this topic, and I'm sure he is gonna expand this list with more books about enlightenment.

Well, I can only tell you that I did and I don't regret this decision at all !!!

Moreover, you can encounter some of the books leo talks about for free on gen.lib.rus.ec. ^^

Edited by Ken Lecoq

I like alot the book Infinite way from Joel Goldsmith.

The book talks about being aligned with the source of everything known as universe and controlled by the creator instead of fighting for everything.

Try to live by the grace !

@step1 Hello step1, here are the books that really got me on the Journey :

Way of The Peaceful Warrior, by Dan Millman

Zen and The Art Of Motorcycle Maintenance, and Lila,  by Robert Pirsig

The Wisdom Of Insecurity, The Way Of Zen, Tao: The Watercourse Way, and In My Own Way, by Alan Watts

The teachings of Arnaud Desjardins (don't know if they're translated)

I Am, by Sri Nisargadata (transcriptions of questions/answers)

On Having No Head, by Douglas Harding

The teachings of Karlfried Dürkheim

Une vie bouleversée, by Etty Hillesum (don't know the title in english) ; the beautiful and impressive day-to-day spiritual transformation of a young woman living under the Nazi occupation.

The Razor's Edge, by Somerset Maugham

Enjoy !