Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
shahryar

Chess Is My Best Concentration,contemplation

3 posts in this topic

hi , I've began to play chess after years and after three or four games I've noticed that the consciousness it gives to me is massive its a concentration and contemplation practice at the same time I was literally focused completely on the bord without being distracted considering my poor performance in my concentration practices and my consistency in doing other tasks it was way beyond them 
although I was a high school team chess player back then so some of you who dont have much experience with chess might not experience this extraordinary result at first,but I decided to share my experience cause its first time after a month that I feel conscious enough to come here and write a post
the consciousness level and quality that I feel now is what I get after at least 10 days of consistent meditation practice for 15 minutes
so if you know how to play give it a shot

Edited by shahryar

The only problem is, chess players tend to be very cerebral, stuck in their mind.

The kind of consciousness you want for spirituality is not that.

There is a pretty big difference between manipulative and non-manipulative consciousness. Notice that when you're solving a puzzle, you're actually lost in it. Trying to "figure it out" is difference from pure awareness, and will actually get in the way. Your mind cannot figure out the Absolute like it can a chess game.

Sure, concentration is good, but not enough by itself. For example, you can concentrate very hard in playing a video game, but that's not going to advance you spiritually.

So while playing chess is better for you than watching TV, it's not nearly enough to access the deep existential truths we're aiming for.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Holy shit, @shahryar, I wasn't expecting this to be this powerful!

I played a few Bullet (1 minute/player) matches and - while they weren't the most successful ones - they raised my awareness. When you have just one minute, you need to concentrate hard and need to become absorbed in the activity. And this improves consciousness quality.

After I played these games, I had genuine, deep insights. Thank you, will experiment with this in the future to see if this is causation or just only correlation.

Spirituality is any movement towards the Unnamable. Everything is spiritual.

The only true way out Resistance is going into it because any way out of it is staying in it.

The purest life possible is surrendering to the Absolute.