TruthSeeker

I Want To Be A Chimp :)

88 posts in this topic

I'm going to share something Osho said, in a different post because I think it deserves to be discussed in a different thread, otherwise we will hijack Truthseeker thread.

:P

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

2 minutes ago, abrakamowse said:

I'm going to share something Osho said, in a different post because I think it deserves to be discussed in a different thread, otherwise we will hijack Truthseeker thread.

I dont own the thread...I own nothing...It's all one. :o 

@TruthSeeker  - I think i'll report a maleficent use of a username :D (truthseeker wanting to be a chimp? oh Lord)

Ayla,

www.aylabyingrid.com

@TruthSeeker  that's true... but anyway we continue playing the game in the meantime...

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?

5 minutes ago, Ayla said:

@TruthSeeker  - I think i'll report a maleficent use of a username :D (truthseeker wanting to be a chimp? oh Lord)

Chimpseeker

O.o

On 2/23/2016 at 10:27 PM, ayokolomo said:

I "work" very hard to simply quiet my energy, emotions, body and mind.  To merely create space between the observer and the ego.  Yet this has been tremendously difficult and rewarding at the same time. 

While meditating my energy is pushing my body to move and I become restless.  My body wants to move it develops aches, then thirst and hunger.  Then fear and love and other emotions are felt.  All the while I am trying to create conditions so I can observe the ego.  For me this can be intensive work.

Have you seen the timetable for a vipassana meditation retreat?  This is only a beginner course yet I barely have the stability to try to accomplish that.  

I apologise if I make assumptions in regards to your mental health, as I am basing this on assumptions.  However once you start down this path without guidance, the intensity needed can be overwhelming.  

Have you seen people "catch the Holy Spirit" in church?  When a touch on the head can send people into convulsions.  This is actually a step towards enlightenment, but they lack the physical and emotional discipline needed.  The intensity of energy  is there but the other conditions for enlightenment are not.  So they talk of the bliss, but lack the discipline needed to harness that energy to create the conditions that enlightenment may occur.  

If you have a desire, but lack guidance then look at a vipassana retreat. Build your practice to the point where that looks workable.  I am on that path, but I am taking my time and smelling the roses on the the way.

@ayokolomo  maybe it can be helpful to you to read books were people get enlightened without wanting it, and with not so much effort. Really there's always effort, but it doesn't mean we know it. I am not saying that you don't have to make an effort to be enlightened, what I say is when you surrender that happens naturally. You don't need to search for it. It will happen.

I see it like a natural process. I found these books, I want to read them myself, I didn't read them but I'm pretty sure that it has very valuable information. They are mentioned on a Mc Kenna book, Enlightenment: The Damnedest Thing.

These are the books:  The writer is Satya Nadeem , maybe you know him.

From Onions to Pearls
By Satyam Nadeen

From Seekers to Finders
By Satyam Nadeen

I want to read it too, I will buy them soon.

This is the description of From Onions to Pearls: 

This is the true story of one man's spiritual awakening, without a guru and under severely restrictive, sometimes violent, physical, and intense emotional conditions.

In March of 1992, Michael Clegg entered an overcrowded county jail near Jacksonville, Florida, convicted of the manufacture of an illegal drug called Ecstasy. He was held there for two years while awaiting sentencing. While in prison, he realized that a lifetime of spiritual searching had brought him no closer to the elusive state he was seeking, so he gave up trying. In surrender, he was overwhelmed with relief and bliss.

The next several years were spent in a deepening process he calls the "deliverance," as layers of the preconditioned ego personality were peeled away to reveal the eternal Pearl of Consciousness. On August 15, 1996, Satyam Nadeen was released from a federal prison to reenter the world that Michael Clegg had left.

Edited by abrakamowse