Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Pamela Zamora

How Do I See Other People As Nothingness?

10 posts in this topic

I just watched "The enlightened self" video, and I tried to picture Leo as nothing. And it was just too hard, I see people as something different and apart, like they have their own qualities and they do other things.

The only thing I could do there was picturing him as me, as part of my field of awareness, as if I was the person that was saying those things, I'm not sure if that's the right approach, because I can tell differentiating people gives me sort of the anxiety I've been holding for my whole life. (Funny I wrote "lie" instead of "life" and thought that would be a more appropriate way to say it)

23 hours ago, Pamela Zamora said:

I just watched "The enlightened self" video, and I tried to picture Leo as nothing. And it was just too hard, I see people as something different and apart, like they have their own qualities and they do other things.

There is one huge misconception that is concluded from that video that is easily made. 

Nothingness is still existing with the fact that everyone has their own unique expression. 

Personality is of the soul ~ Matt Kahn.

The fact that we live as a whole seeing to look trough the eyes of a seperated being is a gift. It is not about getting rid of the personality but to transition to being emptiness in his own unique expression. Only you do not have different personalities, but only your authentic one. All enlightened persons have a personality. It would not be a healthy thing if everyone was the same, don't you think?

This is is a really vital question you posted on this forum:D.

Edited by A way to Actualize

Life is when awareness hides in the idea of personal experience. ~ Matt Kahn

Here's exactly how:

Step #1: Have an enlightenment experience on Who am I?

Step #2: Have an enlightenment experience on What am I?

Step #3: Have an enlightenment experience on What is another?

By the end of that process, you will have realized that you are nothing, and so is everyone else.

You = Other = Nothingness

Figure yourself out first before trying to unravel the puzzle of Another.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

We are the same thing:

An empty space (Nothingness)  where everything occurs (Everythingness).

@Pinocchio  @Leo Gura You're right, all throughout the video I was thinking about that in fact, I started putting down my laptop screen and I was trying to realise that I was seeing Leo as you said it "a pink blob on a black background" and the thought pattern went like:

1. Look, there is this 2D image from a computer that is telling you you're nothing.
  2. REALISE that!
  3. I can't, it's so HD! he looks so real.
  4. It's because he is real.
  5. He is a person.
  6. Look at all these qualities..
  7. Blah, blah, blah.

With all these comments I am starting to realise I really need to do a much deeper work within me, because my mental chatter is super strong right now. Thank you so much.

@Pinocchio Wow!!!!! that was mind-blowing, you're so right!

It's not about the words perce, it's more about the images. Where did you get this insight?

I'm wondering if from a book, or did you just find out via meditation/contemplation?

18 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

you will have realized that you are nothing, and so is everyone else.

It does have that connotion of an inferior ego to it. But I know what is ment. Everythingness would be a more plausable use of the word, because everyone is amazing in a way. 

Lets reframe it in a more true way: everything in existance is nothingness, but it seems that I experience diversity of everyones highest wisdom and expression. 

Life is when awareness hides in the idea of personal experience. ~ Matt Kahn

On ‎2‎/‎21‎/‎2016 at 5:39 PM, Pamela Zamora said:

The only thing I could do there was picturing him as me, as part of my field of awareness, as if I was the person that was saying those things, I'm not sure if that's the right approach, because I can tell differentiating people gives me sort of the anxiety I've been holding for my whole life. (Funny I wrote "lie" instead of "life" and thought that would be a more appropriate way to say it)

The way to do this is to get really present to the difference between a mode of perception and the content within that perception. So, all that you sense are the 5 senses (sight, sound, touch, taste, smell) and thought. In each of these six dimensions of experience there is content. So, in your field of sight, you may be seeing yourself in the mirror, a friend, a tree, or some other thing. But become aware of the fact that your sight can be boiled down to content on a flat surface.

If you have a picture and notion of how your friends are in your head, understand that this is the content of a thought. Don't get caught up in content.

Also, break the illusion that there is a connection between each mode of perception. So, sight and touch may not have anything to do with one another despite the fact that you're used to linking them to navigate your way through the world.

Also, become present to the fact that your past and future are all figments of your imagination. You don't even know if they actually correspond to a past reality. You don't know if they're just memory implants or some such. So, the only thing that is actually real to you in your present experience are the content in your field of awareness relating to the 5 senses and thought.

So, that leaves you with awareness itself, instead of your thoughts about what is real. Awareness itself is the empty space that your perceptions and thoughts happen within.

So, your comment is still stuck within the content of your perception of thought. If you back away from your attachment to these thoughts, you can see that all this content of thought springs from nowhere.

If you’re interested in developing Emotional Mastery and feeling more comfortable in your own skin, click the link below to register for my FREE Emotional Mastery Webinar…

Emotionalmastery.org

@Emerald Wilkins I agree. My mind is stubborn. 

I feel like my thought patterns are a way for me to escape the idea of "no self-image". My thoughts make me do things to forget that I am not a thought. But I guess I'm also over thinking it. 

Uhm, I need to be more practical. Your advice is really helpful.

Just now, Pamela Zamora said:

@Emerald Wilkins I agree. My mind is stubborn. 

I feel like my thought patterns are a way for me to escape the idea of "no self-image". My thoughts make me do things to forget that I am not a thought. But I guess I'm also over thinking it. 

Uhm, I need to be more practical. Your advice is really helpful.

Thank you. :) My thoughts are always doing the same thing, getting me to react particular ways to derail my progress toward unraveling the illusion of ego. 

If you’re interested in developing Emotional Mastery and feeling more comfortable in your own skin, click the link below to register for my FREE Emotional Mastery Webinar…

Emotionalmastery.org