DizIzMikey

So...cheating

31 posts in this topic

If you ponder deeply why one would want to cheat, it is always ego doing the talking. Need of experiences, need of approval, need of this or that. Never satisfied and always looking for something to fill the void inside...It never ends up being what people think it is. 

@Dhana Choko But isn't it easier to just cheat and realize that there actually is nothing good about it rather than keeping that thought in your mind for an eternity? I think that some mistakes must be made in life.

4 hours ago, wasabelll said:

@Dhana Choko But isn't it easier to just cheat and realize that there actually is nothing good about it rather than keeping that thought in your mind for an eternity? I think that some mistakes must be made in life.

And then you have blaming thoughts and guilty thoughts to deal with afterwards? :D You cannot get rid of negative thoughts by acting on them! They never go away. They just transform to another type of painful thought. You cannot get rid of thoughts - many people have tried doing exactly what you suggested and has it worked? Most of them have just destroyed their life following their crazy negative thoughts thinking they will disappear when acting on them...

On 26/02/2016 at 0:40 AM, Avi said:

@Dhana Choko How does cheating relate to enlightenment? AHHH soo confused. 

Enlightenment basically means peace. Cheating isn't peaceful. Lots of details if you get into that. It gets recorded in the mind and things unfold-perhaps throughout life. We probably don't know the full story of anyone cause these stories are very personal. I do know of someone who told me that he was once married to this woman and she was the wife who he should have kept cause she was a good one.

Several weeks ago I saw a interview with Shinzen Young on Buddha At The Gas Pump (I was recommending this channel already in another thread ;) ). They talked a bit about enlightenment, awakening, realizations and stuff. I can't recall the main message here but Shinzen mentioned something like this:

If you go through the awakening process towards enlightenment without any teacher or teachings you can easily get to an point where you just feel okay being a bad guy ....

^^ I simply wanted to note this in this context. ;)

8 hours ago, Frankie said:

Several weeks ago I saw a interview with Shinzen Young on Buddha At The Gas Pump (I was recommending this channel already in another thread ;) ). They talked a bit about enlightenment, awakening, realizations and stuff. I can't recall the main message here but Shinzen mentioned something like this:

If you go through the awakening process towards enlightenment without any teacher or teachings you can easily get to an point where you just feel okay being a bad guy ....

^^ I simply wanted to note this in this context. ;)

Exactly. I was thinking about this topic for a while and my conclusion is the same.

@Emerald Wilkins Hmmm I dont think so..

I dont even think there are truths.. I think there are realities but they may not be permenant sooo.. its best to just admit that things are as they are and that not higher or lower or even truth its just is what it is right now..

@DizIzMikey

Cool to see you challenging all this stuff..

You will note how much of these rules have been passed down by your community and parents and friends ect and where not actually ratifed by you first.... something to think about.. Go back through the rules and just see how many you dont get or dont agree with and you will start to see youve probably been a bit too trusting...

there is no such thing as cheating.. Where probably going to become a polygamous society eventually but we have to walk before we crawl first..

I think I get what your saying though, we are all inseparable interdependent and not indivisible.. I would agree with this and say self love is probably the real perspective rather than cheating.. However society dont view it that way as of yet.. we have to evolve a bit more first.. 

Is this what you where thinking??

8 hours ago, Will said:

@Emerald Wilkins Hmmm I dont think so..

I dont even think there are truths.. I think there are realities but they may not be permenant sooo.. its best to just admit that things are as they are and that not higher or lower or even truth its just is what it is right now..

From the ultimate perspective, there are no truths. But there are varying levels of illusion in which different "levels" of truth reside. From the mundane level, saying that you are one with the bears then trying to act as such is foolish, because you will die. From the more spiritual perspective, you can feel as though you are one with everything and that will be more true in accordance with the "ultimate perspective". Ultimately I only use higher and lower truths as a metaphor for understanding.

If you’re interested in developing Emotional Mastery and feeling more comfortable in your own skin, click the link below to register for my FREE Emotional Mastery Webinar…

Emotionalmastery.org

@DizIzMikey First of all, let's be honest. You're clearly using spiritual claims inaccurately in order to justify your lack of commitment and/or honesty towards your partner. That being said, I don't have anything against cheating. But if you're not willing to come up to her the next morning and directly tell her how much fun you just had with another girl, then your relationship is based on lie and deception. And probably several other aspects of your life too. So whatever you do, please align it with truth. Please let people see who you are, what you do or what you feel. Don't try to please, manipulate or charm people. Try to communicate unfiltered information with her. That's my only advice here...

Except : have fun with your harem, bro ;)

On 2/26/2016 at 0:21 PM, Emerald Wilkins said:

There are higher truths and lower truths. Using a higher truth where a lower truth is more appropriate is foolish not wise. On this same line of reasoning, because all is one I'm going to go live with bears.

35 minutes ago, Emerald Wilkins said:

But there are varying levels of illusion in which different "levels" of truth reside. From the mundane level, saying that you are one with the bears then trying to act as such is foolish, because you will die. From the more spiritual perspective, you can feel as though you are one with everything and that will be more true in accordance with the "ultimate perspective".

@Emerald Wilkins When I saw your comment, I actually started a topic on exactly this. I think about this a lot. I mainly see two levels of truth :

• Practical Truths
  • Metaphysical Truths

Here's a link to it : 

It looks like DizIzMikey is trying to apply the Metaphysical Truth of enlightenment, in order to weasel his way out of a Practical problem. He should go with Practical Truths instead. For example, cheating on his girlfriend without telling her is a sign of disrespect and lack of integrity.