aniss

How To Improve My Eq ?

5 posts in this topic

i've faced tons of emotions, in fact i don't understand my emotions  which means i do not have good EQ 

in another words << how to improve my EQ ? how to actually kill it ?

thanks

Start paying attention to your emotions and try to do so for others emotions. It is just a matter of training like everything else is.

@aniss I'm very emphatic and I struggle with my own emotions too. This possibly, like being good in math, but bad at physics. 

Just as with anything else. You can study books and learn exercises to learn to be with your own emotions. You can also try to ask yourself with every activity what your emotional motivation is. For example, you want to eat something you love. This is connected to an emotion hence you love it. Which emotion is it? Also with things like films and music.

Music is something my emotions respond strongly to. I like epic music, because it makes me feel brave and strong, maybe it can help you too. The same for sad music, which I don't recommend or those mainstream love songs. Music in my opinion helps me to understand my feelings.

If you want to understand people, then talking and listening is key. If you talk with people, be genuinely interested and look how people react or respond. The more diverse the better.

First, read this book: Emotional Intelligence by Daniel Goleman, then interact with people and real life. 

To become good at understanding your emotions, you need to develop awareness of your body. For this,  I highly recommend that you meditate daily, socialize regularly and go outside your comfort zone every day. To raise your EQ, you must first change your lifestyle and set up the proper habits first before the improvements in your EQ start to show.

Sidenote: You don't need to read an entire book about EQ -- that is usually a distraction -- just learn the basic theory and take ACTION.