Christian

The Different Facets of Social Skills + suggestions for how to master them

5 posts in this topic

As a socially unaware and awkward person, I would love if you could make a video about how you mastered every facit of social skills such as communication - how to read body language, social cues, eye contact, speaking, how to come across as an interesting person, how to listen, how to make a good response.

Now, I do not want you to go in depth about each subject, but you should still cover each facit briefly.

Instead, I would rather have you suggest different ressources where us viewers can learn these things so that we can get the big picture understanding and learn all the different distinctions nuances about each topic. 

That would be amazing ?

Yeah... that's a lot of stuff to cover! I'll have to think about how that might be talked about in a single video. To develop all those skills requires years of study and practice.

Thanks for the suggestion.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

From my experience, I was socially awkward for years and I struggled with communication, making new friends, socializing with my peers, and especially talking to girls. I improved my social skills through therapy groups with peers for several years and I learned how to be much more selective with my friends. I love making friends who are artists particularly creative writers, and theater students because I can strongly identify with them. I love talking to the theater lovers, film lovers and music lovers who have a deep passion. I try to avoid shallow "friendships" about gossip, popularity and blind conformity. As a creative writer, I'm heavily involved in my college's creative writing club and I love socializing with other writers. I have deep passions and I love discovering people who share my passions. For girls, I learned how to be as genuine as possible and to connect through common ground. I realized that I would much rather have a small but intimate social circle than be part of a toxic clique. I try to befriend the social misfits who are seen as odd but they are highly creative. 

Edited by Zane

When I came into enough awareness of my mind I realized there was a voice chirping up in the background that was telling me the people I was with thought I was awkward/ugly/stupid/something ridiculous and untrue. Holy cow, what a powerful discovery! Now I'm aware of those thoughts. And I notice them when I get into a social situation, especially with new people. Lo and behold, I feel more confident and comfortable. I can push through that anxiety and put myself out there. The more you do it, the better you feel! (Did anyone else just think 'so eat some beans with every meal'? No? Just me?) 

Start questioning yourself "Why do I feel anxious?", "Why am I so damned awkward? ". The answers you get are amazing. Keep getting rid of every belief that is holding you back! 

Please refer to our: 

Thank you :)

Ayla,

www.aylabyingrid.com