Mark Meltser

Fear Of Becoming Emotionless

5 posts in this topic

Hi

Since I have started with personal development my life improved a lot. I'm still in the beginning of my journey, but I've noticed some good, but also some strange changes about my thoughts and emotions.

In the past I have been VERY introverted (and still am, but not nearly as much) and liked to be alone. The result of this is that I've developed a unexpressive face on the outside and have not much emotions on the inside.

I rarely have strong emotions for other people (especially, since I've started meditation), and if i do I feel like I've done something wrong.  

I am more positive now, but I don't want to lose emotions for others completely.

Is this normal if you are meditating for 20 min every day (I've started only 2 weeks ago) ?

When you begin travelling the self-development path (any path actually), EVERYTHING you encounter on that path, is part of the voyage. 

You will not become emotionless. It is just an experiencing of some trauma that is coming up. Let it be. People and circumstances will show you very clearly what needs healing and what needs discarding. 

Keep on meditating. See these thoughts coming, and let go of them. They're just thoughts. 

:) 

Ayla,

www.aylabyingrid.com

Be sure you make a distinction between emotions and feelings. Lots of people don`t know the difference.

Emotions are from the head and come up with the thinking process. 

Feelings are from the heart and are independent of the thoughts.

By going inwards you`ll become a bit of a loner in the beginning, thinking and contemplating on your experiences. There`s nothing wrong with that and will definitely change a bit further up the road.

On ‎20‎/‎02‎/‎2016 at 7:01 AM, Mark Meltser said:

Hi

Since I have started with personal development my life improved a lot. I'm still in the beginning of my journey, but I've noticed some good, but also some strange changes about my thoughts and emotions.

In the past I have been VERY introverted (and still am, but not nearly as much) and liked to be alone. The result of this is that I've developed a unexpressive face on the outside and have not much emotions on the inside.

I rarely have strong emotions for other people (especially, since I've started meditation), and if i do I feel like I've done something wrong.  

I am more positive now, but I don't want to lose emotions for others completely.

Is this normal if you are meditating for 20 min every day (I've started only 2 weeks ago) ?

Man the same exact thing is happening to me! It feels good, like I feel good, very at peace with myself, but messed up when it comes to how I am with my friends now in terms of how emotionless I am becoming with people and my interactions with them, and then the things that are going on around me. I would be told some news that would be considered 'tragic' but it doesn't feel that way anymore, it's just 'whatever'. Just, too 'ire', it's like I am a sober stoner. lol

Then girls, omg they aren't even the same. I literally do not give a shit anymore about 'trying to get or impress them'. It feels so good but at the same time so wrong, especially when I see my boys working their selves up over a girl. It's like "b! this really doesn't matter!!". But there are so many pros like:

1) I have no psychological dependencies whatsoever, 

2) Picking up or talking to girls just becomes fun. *I literally can't care if I get through or not even if I try to*. And this blows my mind because I use to care soo much it was ridiculous! Just a few months ago. 

3) My relationship with my friends changed in a good way. Well, on my part I should say. Lol. They might not like the change but,  I don't even care. Because I am not living for them anyway. Honestly doesn't bother me now if I have them in my life or not.

4) People feel more comfortable around me because of how open minded I am, so they start telling me things they wouldn't share with anyone else usually. 

5) I do whatever I feel like doing now without the 'what ifs' I had so much of before. I still get it every now and then but it isn't a big deal. It wouldn't hold me back like it would've before because I understand why it is happening.

6) What people think of me isn't a big deal anymore. Sometimes I still get caught up in it because I sometimes tend to look up to particular people and if they don't like something about me I would get offended or try to change it but when I become aware of what is happening am good again. It's something I have to keep reminding myself of. Like, no one is better than me, better than anyone I should say. We're all neutral.

It isn't a bad thing though; what you are talking about, I don't think it is.

Edited by Emil
To explain what I was saying better.