Viking

Are Most Of You Just Doing Meditation And Self Inquiry?

3 posts in this topic

people here talk about noticable effect and stuff like that from the awakening process. is it just 20 min meditation a day and 1 hr self inquiry a day does it? or theres more stuff

I mediate for at least 30 minutes a day, but I usually try to do an hour. I'll do self inquiry occasionally, but I don't find it necessary to do it everyday. In a way I'm always sort of self inquiring as I go about my day. The labeling technique is also one of my favorites, I like to use it whenever my mind wants to wander, or I simply keep awareness on the breathe to stay grounded. Leo also has a good video about techniques:

I started almost one year ago and I also feel "noticable" effects. I do 1 hour strong determination sitting + do nothing and at least 2x10mins of concentration per day.

For the self-inquiry part: I don't do strict sitting for 1 hour. I do it throughout the day which I think comes naturally when you are really interested in Thruth and happiness.

BUT VERY IMPORTANT: Only 50% of your results come from practice. You should also direct your lifestyle to this.

For example:  Go out in nature, eat healthy, get enough sleep, DO less, get rid of addictions etc...