JackSalad

Success And Weakness Of Will

4 posts in this topic

I'm just posting this to get some feedback on it, just something I've been thinking about recently;

Here's the idea; Are successful people people who just force themselves to become successful and unsuccessful people are people who did not force themselves? Or is it that successful people don't force themselves and neither do unsuccessful people but just by acting naturally (not forcing themselves) the successful person ends up successful and the other doesn't?

I find it unlikely that if successful people force themselves that every single one of them do so, there must be successful people who don't force themselves, right?

A guy who drinks beer and watches trash TV all day probably doesn't force himself to do so, but it is also possible for that guy to force himself to do more worthwhile things, just as it is in all our power to do better if were not already doing that good. But there's a problem; forcing one's self is exhausting and probably unhealthy, yet it seems to be the only viable option for changing one's behavior. 

So what do you think? Are successful people people who just force themselves to become successful and unsuccessful people are people who did not force themselves? Or is it that successful people don't force themselves and neither do unsuccessful people but just by acting naturally the successful person ends up successful and the other doesn't? Both? Neither? Why do you think what you think? Thanks.

I'd assume the successful ones are just buying that following the neurotic mind will bring them good stuff. And to be honest it's not (usually) worse than just laying on the couch not doing stuff.
You either have to follow the neurotic mind and live in hell or go the hard way that gets easier over time and learn more positive ways of motivation.
The ones on the couch could also have limiting views and belief stopping them from forcing themselves to do stuff so it's not so obvious.

Success works like this, imo...

I was recently camping on mt hood to watch the totality eclipse in Oregon. It was in the 80's. Very hot thousands of feet up on a mountain. We had no running water, no bath, no shower, and it was hot. Did I mention how hot it was? 

Also, Oregon is on fire. Fires covering tens of thousands of acres. Serious problem. 

Rainbows come after a good rain you know?

Then, it suddenly started to rain, and my friend said, "god damn it".

There is no success. There is how we perceive, how we feel, and then what follows. When we love how we perceive, love how we feel, we love what comes, and we often label it success. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE